Carlat Psychiatry report - No newsletter since sept 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the5thelement

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why they havent released the newsletter in October. It literally has never happened before.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not missing it. Never was a fan. Been so long since I've seen one. Can't even remember why I was turned off from the Carlat report in the first place. Was it political? Or was it clinical? I can't recall.

I enjoyed their newsletter which was concise and informative and free of pharmaceutical industry bias as far as i could tell. They are still releasing podcasts so theres that.

I'm not missing it. Never was a fan. Been so long since I've seen one. Can't even remember why I was turned off from the Carlat report in the first place. Was it political? Or was it clinical? I can't recall.

Possibly due to how he is highly supportive of midlevel expansion. I quit subscribing over that.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Possibly due to how he is highly supportive of midlevel expansion. I quit subscribing over that.

Have to, they have an NP as the "co-host" for every podcast....and have a social worker as the "co-host" for every child psychiatry podcast (which is even more of a laugh, I had to stop listening to those because I couldn't stand a social worker clearly reading off a script about psychiatric medications and medication trials she obviously knows nothing about and has no idea how to interpret).

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know why they havent released the newsletter in October. It literally has never happened before.
It looks like the did a joint October/November issue, I got my hard copy last week, but it doesn't seem to be up on the website yet.

Being old(er) really isn't an issue anymore, heck, look at the President. Biden is nailing it out of the park. No need to cut back just because of age...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I love Carlat Podcast - easy CMEs and cheap
I agree, podcast is quite good and to the point. The co-hosts definitely leave something to be desired, but no reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like the Oct/Nov and Dec issue are out now. They just did an overhaul of their website so maybe that's why it wasn't showing up?

Reactions: 1 user