Carribean school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canmed96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard the horror stories of not getting matched when coming from carribean med schools but i was just looking into it as a last resort.

http://www.aureusuniversity.com/about-aureus/accreditation-affiliations/

Does this school seem legit?

My friend went straight from highschool (no MCAT, no EC's) into the 5 year program and i was just curious, if i do go here after my undergrad, getting matched is a matter of how you do on your USMLE and reccomendations correct? If you don't get matched can you keep trying again and again?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard the horror stories of not getting matched when coming from carribean med schools but i was just looking into it as a last resort.

http://www.aureusuniversity.com/about-aureus/accreditation-affiliations/

Does this school seem legit?

My friend went straight from highschool (no MCAT, no EC's) into the 5 year program and i was just curious, if i do go here after my undergrad, getting matched is a matter of how you do on your USMLE and reccomendations correct? If you don't get matched can you keep trying again and again?

Thanks

Use the search function. read about the carib threads on here. Yeah, if you don't get matched you can keep "trying and trying", but you will have a mountain of loans piling up and can not practice medicine.

Your friend made a terrible mistake and you should tell him to come home

Have you done any research on this subject at all? There is really no need for another thread because this subject has been discussed for years.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Each time you fail to match, every year after becomes successively more difficult to find a residency position. Also, as mentioned above, your loans will continue to accrue interest.

Reactions: 2 users
@Listen2Savage Sounds like going to the Caribbean was a bad choice for you. Must have gotten some pretty bad burns getting acclimated over there.

OP, only consider SGU, AUC, Ross, also, what you have to understand is.... 1. The majority of your classmates will be idiots. A weird wave of depression will wash over you after the first week of meeting these people (unless you're one of them!), just keep your head down . 2. The material is the material, the lectures are good but preparation for STEP is done on your own, regardless where your school is located. 3. IM or FM will have to do, mid level matching is proving to be more and more difficult (not saying its impossible). Bonus : Not sure how this compares to US Allo but my school (one of the big 3) is so liberal its sickening, be prepared to get in touch with your white guilt.
why are you so pompous?