Case Western School of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Case Western School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.52
DAT: 20.9AA, 20.2TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 2,315
OOS: 1,894 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 238 Accepted
IS: 166 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 51 Accepted
International: 255 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 23 Accepted
# Enrolled: 75
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.51
DAT: 20.7AA, 20.0TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 2,106
OOS: 1,666 Applied, 224 Accepted
IS: 162 Applied, 35 Accepted
International: 278 Applied, 36 Accepted
# Enrolled: 74
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.78-3.99
Overall: 3.04-3.96

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How heavily do they use the CASPer test to make their judgment on your application?
I think it's just another metric they use in your application to screen for interview invites. If you don't do as well as you'd like but still have a relatively strong application / strong mission fit then I don't think it will hurt you that much. Just try to do your best, it's still relatively new for dental schools, and not many use it.

Practice your typing speed. If I recall, some folks struggled with keeping pace of some of the questions due to not being able to type fast enough. To counter this for this year, I think they shifted to having more video responses.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's just another metric they use in your application to screen for interview invites. If you don't do as well as you'd like but still have a relatively strong application / strong mission fit then I don't think it will hurt you that much. Just try to do your best, it's still relatively new for dental schools, and not many use it.

Practice your typing speed. If I recall, some folks struggled with keeping pace of some of the questions due to not being able to type fast enough. To counter this for this year, I think they shifted to having more video responses.
I got the 4th quartile.. do you think that will increase my chance to get an interview invite?

Wondering when they will send out their interview invitations

I just got an interview invite. I'll send details in a bit when I get a chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75 Overall: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 23TS, 23PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual
182 shadowing hours, 202 volunteer hours, Committee letter

Last edited:
Interview #3
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: Mid July after Casper
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.9 Overall: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21TS, 25PAT, No
Earliest date available at the moment- 9/21

Interview #1
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: mid-July
Application complete date: 8/11
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.94 Overall: 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA, 23TS, 22PAT, No
Earliest date available at the moment- 9/21

Last edited:
Interview #3
Residency: International, Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 9/09
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.79 Overall: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21TS, 22PAT, No
Interview date: 10/04

Members don't see this ad :)
What was everybody's Casper quartiles who got an interview?

Anybody or any current students who interviewed last year know what the required visit day involves?

Interview #4
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/10
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.80 Overall: 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 24TS, 19PAT, No
Casper: 2nd quartile

Did anyone meet with Brian Sherman yet? If so, how did it go?
If it’s anything like last year, Brian is super nice and just wants to get to know you. I believe it was an open file interview. They ask you pretty simple questions about yourself and your app. It’s pretty relaxed!

The faculty interview is also very nice. They’re super nice and it’s also not a stressful interview

Reactions: 2 users
Is the visit day a business formal event or do people typically tone it down to business casual

If it’s anything like last year, Brian is super nice and just wants to get to know you. I believe it was an open file interview. They ask you pretty simple questions about yourself and your app. It’s pretty relaxed!

The faculty interview is also very nice. They’re super nice and it’s also not a stressful interview
so you're saying people should relax and be themselves?

Is the visit day a business formal event or do people typically tone it down to business casual
generally, visit days without interviews are business casual
there will always be a few (or more) that will be in interview attire
and sometimes there will be "that guy/girl" that will be in casual attire...

so you're saying people should relax and be themselves?
or rather:

20230922_085321_0000.png

Reactions: 3 users
Generally just an in depth school tour and a few presentations on finances and the school’s curriculum. You’ll get a brief continental breakfast and you’ll also receive lunch.
were most people business casual when you visited last year? or were most people in suits still

Any suggestions on the Portfolio required for the interview? Is there a particular recommended template?

Any suggestions on the Portfolio required for the interview? Is there a particular recommended template?
I just made a google slide show (downloaded as a PDF when I sent it to them) using one of their templates and just added some things in it about me that weren’t related to dentistry and weren’t on my application. I also answered why case western and talked about their curriculum as well. There isn’t a one size fits all unless they tell you specifically what they want. It’s just a way to show yourself in a different light outside of your application. So highlight some things!

how's the interview at case? do they offer zoom interviews? still havent heard back

how's the interview at case? do they offer zoom interviews? still havent heard back
interview is very informal. If it's anything like last years, it's a quick 15-30 min interview with Brian the director of admissions and then another interview scheduled with Faculty that lasts maybe 30-60 minutes. Both are very chill, open filed interviews. I enjoyed mine and they just want to get to know you.

I believe they're still virtual. You'll schedule your interview with Brian through a website they send and then the faculty should reach out to schedule the other interview.

interview is very informal. If it's anything like last years, it's a quick 15-30 min interview with Brian the director of admissions and then another interview scheduled with Faculty that lasts maybe 30-60 minutes. Both are very chill, open filed interviews. I enjoyed mine and they just want to get to know you.

I believe they're still virtual. You'll schedule your interview with Brian through a website they send and then the faculty should reach out to schedule the other interview.
oh that's a relief to hear! glad its laid back. Should i be worried if i havent heard back yet? till when do they conduct interviews?

oh that's a relief to hear! glad its laid back. Should i be worried if i havent heard back yet? till when do they conduct interviews?

I really wouldn't stress, Case just started their interviews and they're a private school so they'll interview past December to fill their class. Trust the process, things will work themselves out!

I really wouldn't stress, Case just started their interviews and they're a private school so they'll interview past December to fill their class. Trust the process, things will work themselves out!
thank you! im just really stressed about all this because this is my 2nd app cycle so i really want it to work out this time

Has anyone received a faculty interview yet? I know we’re supposed to wait till mid November, but I was just curious!

Has anyone received a faculty interview yet? I know we’re supposed to wait till mid November, but I was just curious!
I still have not received the email! Getting worried haha

• Care
It takes a minute to get your interview. I waited like a month and a half after having my first interview with Brian before having my faculty email me and schedule the interview. Patience! It’ll come eventually. The faculty are busy, but they haven’t forgotten!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone still not received the faculty interview email? I am getting a bit worried because they said mid-November max. Does anyone know who to contact?

Has anyone still not received the faculty interview email? I am getting a bit worried because they said mid-November max. Does anyone know who to contact?
In the same boat. I’m gonna wait till this week

In the same boat. I’m gonna wait till this week
At the visit day they told everyone that they still have about 60 people to reach out to, and they should be sending something this week