CCM Programs Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCMhopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm an EM resident planning on applying for a CCM fellowship in the upcoming cycle. I've done as much research online as possible, but I still don't know much about the programs and several of the cities. I'm interested in academic CCM with a strong research focus. I was hoping any current/past fellows or people who know the programs well could comment, either here on via PM. Any insight would be appreciated.

Programs I'm most interested in:

UPMC, Wash U, Brigham & Women's, NIH, Wake Forest, Indiana, OHSU, U Wash

What are the work hours and call schedules like?
How many residents are married and/or have kids?
How is it to live in the city? (Do most fellows live in apartments or house? How much does rent cost? Do any buy houses? What parts of town do people live in? What is the average commute like?)
Best and worst things about the program/city?
How would you describe the overall mentality of the program?
Any other general comments about the program or city.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Stanford is EM-friendly. I see it's not on your list. Feel free to PM me if you have questions

Just a quick question, even though it is a long way out for me...is Stanford DO friendly? If not friendly, per se, are they completely closed to the idea of taking a DO? No love lost if they aren't very open to DOs, I know some programs are and some aren't, that's just the way it goes...I was just interested in knowing.

I am planning on doing an EM/IM combined residency and then finishing with a CC fellowship, if I do not end up in a program that has an EM/IM/CC pathway already established (only 4 as of right now.) Stanford is one of the programs I was interested in looking at for the CC fellowship component, but I might revise that if I find out it is not a promising avenue.