CCS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dm24980

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tend to take a couple minutes to read the first 3 windows that pop up (CC, HPI, PMH, etc). As long as I don't advance the clock while reading these, the pt won't die and I won't be penalized for my slow start assuming I eventually get everything done before the case ends and in accordance with the simulated time, right?

I tend to scribble a few notes when reading the history (e.g. counsel on smoking, do preg test) so I don't forget something. Do other people do this?

Does the time advance ever if you don't advance it yourself?
Is there a way to get it to automatically advance whenever there's a new result, or do you have to keep pressing the button to do so?
How often do you advance the time? Or how do you incorporate it into your routine?
-Do you just 1) read history, then 2) do immediate actions when indicated, then 3) do physical exam, then 4) place remaining orders or place initial orders if no immediate ones indicated, then 5) advance time (for 1st time), then 6) place orders based on results from advanced time, then repeat 5 and 6 until case ends or pt status improves and can be discharged or follow-up scheduled?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.