Cebu Doctors University: Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppansoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone:

Anyone here a current student or alumni at CDU? I've been accepted, but I haven't been able to make a sound decision whether or not to go because of the limited amount of information there is about the curriculum and other things I'm concerned about.

I live in Virginia, and graduated with a BS Biology degree.

What's the program like? Can you compare it to anything in the US?

What's it like to live in Cebu? I'm Filipino and my dad's Cebuano, but I've never been. Is it a huge huge culture shock going from suburbia to living in the Philippines?

What's there to do there? I like to stay active and fit, i.e. going to the gym, biking, all that jazz. Are there areas that I can do these things around the campus?

How about the lifestyle? What are the people like there?

Answers to any of these questions would definitely help out.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I think it depends on what you plan to do in the future. If you plan on practicing in the Philippines by all means go to CDU and finish there.

If you want to practice in the States, imho, stay in the states and go to a US school. Reason is if you finish in the Philippines and want to practice in the States you still need to take NDBE Part 1 and 2, and apply to a 2-3 year program for international dentists (very competitive) to be eligible for WREB, CRDTS, etc. Talking from experience here.

It really depends where you want to practice. Short answer... States? Stay in the states. Philippines? Philippines it is.

hello how are you?did you start cebu dental school as yet?i am also accepted there.i know for me it will be a culture shock also. why didnt you go to UE or UOP dental? for some reason,the photos of the cebu dental school looks relaxing.if you are there now,can you please full me in?am coming to attend dental school this fall.thank you very much.please email me at leumek at live dot com or reply here thank you very much am male