Cedars-Sinai vs. USC Keck and L.A. in general

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inanna99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been invited to interview at both USC and Ceders-Sinai. I am wondering what are the key differences in these programs - I was hoping for a decent amount of psychotheraputic training and cant discern much from the websites of these two programs. Am also wondering how many sites these programs have and how far away they are from one another - I am single with a son in elementary school and don't want to lose my time with him by spending it all in my car. Any observations are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I look forward to seeing the replies. I am interested in USC because the location is convenient.

I have been invited to interview at both USC and Ceders-Sinai. I am wondering what are the key differences in these programs - I was hoping for a decent amount of psychotheraputic training and cant discern much from the websites of these two programs. Am also wondering how many sites these programs have and how far away they are from one another - I am single with a son in elementary school and don't want to lose my time with him by spending it all in my car. Any observations are appreciated.

Thoughts on Keck here.

Thoughts on Cedars here, here, here, and here.

-AT.

Thoughts on Keck here.

Thoughts on Cedars here, here, here, and here.
These threads have nice supplemental info, but to be honest, OP, most of your information could be easily had from the horse's mouth after doing a quick google search and reading up on the programs, rather than relying on SDOI (some dude on the internet) to give you his or her thoughts. Most program pages list the sites you'll be working at, often with how many months at each. Happy hunting...