"Cerebella" the Neuro-Stroke Robot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Knife & Gun Club

EM/CCM PGY-4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was checking out the website of an ED a buddy was thinking of taking a part time gig at. They proudly advertise that they use some kind of stroke-bot called Cerebella. The exact quote:

"We have the latest in technology with the addition of "Cerebella” our neuro-stroke robot."

Then offer no further description of this thing. Nothing on google anywhere about a Cerebella Robot.

Has anyone seen one of these? What in the world does it do? I'm wondering how one would be able to train a robot to recognize strokes with any accuracy if it takes years to teach a doc how to pick up the subtle ones.

Will I be "supervising" this thing as it pumps my hypoglycemic patients full of tPa in a couple of years?

Hospital Website:

Members don't see this ad.

I would imagine it is something similar to this:

The hospital first used telemedicine robots in 2014, when it launched a telestroke program, and has since expanded the platform to include telemental health consults.

A way for a neurologist to do a history and exam without having to be physically present.

A fancy name for tele-neurology.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s far less exciting than I thought...
Yea, the Cerebella cyborg that performs independent thrombectomy would be cool. I really think they just named it. Instead of saying "can you get the telestroke machine?" all the time, they can now say "can you get Cerebella?"

At some point I've heard of (but have not seen myself) various set ups where there is some additional, neuro specific, functionality other than the usual telemedicine stuff. Like a lever on the robot the person can pull to test for strength, with a feedback unit on the MD end. So maybe something like that?