DO cGPA 3.47/sGPA 3.34 MCAT 28 (10/8/10). HELP BUILDING SCHOOL LIST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete please

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have great stats for DO schools, but I would consider adding 5-6 schools to your list. You want to apply to 10-12 schools, if possible.

As for the LOR issue...I wouldn't worry about it much, especially since you can't change what happened. I don't think your committee adviser will actually contact the hospital.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@ProudMD : thanks for the reply. The committe only writes letters for 5-15 students so I believe there is a very real chance for them to contact that tiny hospital. I went to a very veryyyyy small school.

Oh wow...

If this is the case, have you thought about contacting your premed adviser and actively bring this matter to his/her attention? If you tell him/her your side of the story before the hospital gets contacted, maybe the adviser will have a better idea of the whole situation. If you are pretty certain that the adviser will find out about this situation, then I think it may be beneficial for you to approach him/her first.

Let's see what @Goro has to say.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST PLEASE (thanks <3)

NON-URM; No rural ties.

Founded a few small organizations.
Very good leadership positions held.
Consistent Part-time employment
Upward Trend/Comeback story
Awards/scholarships
100+ hrs clinical vol
~100 hrs shadowing

Committee LOR: 1 Stellar, 1 Good, 1 a smidge above average. DO LOR (yes...but average to below average, only able to shadow a very short period of time). Possible redflag on committee portion: 'poor work ethic' and also 'not willing to fit the schedule on a super super super small hospital when they needed me and I'd tell them no I cannot in as polite a way as I could' (this REALLY pissed them off). The allegations (for the lack of a better word) are bull but it is what it is.

Redflag would only be included in the LOR if:
1) If my advisor contacted the hospital to verify my information 2) the head person working there went out of their way to say something malicious when he called (which wouldn't surprise me at ALL). Would this redflag alone bring my application down (granted it was included in the comm letter + I need to know for my conscious sake)? Trust me when I say I am not being a neurotic pre-med when I say the people there HATED me. And my advisor would 100% include that in the Letter.

I have NO research

I am applying next cycle 1st day (Only applying DO)

Chances? And what schools should I apply to? I am an east coast resident!

Current list:

LMU
VCOM-VC
LUCOM
WVSOM
PCOM-PA
CUSOM

tl;dr

Last edited:
Yes. we've rejected people for stuff like this. Luckily it sees like you have an out.

Would this redflag alone bring my application down (granted it was included in the comm letter + I need to know for my conscious sake)?

Chances are excellent for all DO programs except AZCOM. I think you can do better than LUCOM. Add MUCOM, Both FL schools, the NY schools, Pikesville, CCOM, ACOM, William Carey, Rowan, and AT Still.