cGPA 3.61, sGPA 3.60, 33 MCAT...chances/school list advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NOLA1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for chances at the following 20 schools. I am a LA resident, graduated undergrad in 2012, did a one year masters program in ecology in 2013, and took a year of post-bacc classes in 2014. With my post bac and undergrad combined, my cGPA is 3.61 and sGPA is 3.60. Took the MCAT on May 22nd (10/11/12)
Committee letter from my post-bacc institution, plus 1 LOR from a doctor at the hospital at which I volunteered.
EC's
-president of school equestrian team for two years, led team to first natl competition appearance as well as championships at smaller competitions throughout the year
-worked 20 hrs a week for 4 years teaching horseback riding lessons during the school year and working as a camp counselor and camp director for the stables at which I worked.
-volunteered as a bird banding research assistant for three summers, summer 2013-doing technical work on an avian malaria parasitology study( extracting blood, putting it in a lysis buffer, etc)
-worked as a research assistant from October-may of my graduate year, assisting a phD student in her work on plankton from the Gulf of Mexico
-volunteered in ER and NICU for a year (16 hrs per week), 200 hours
-shadowed an allergist, 50 hours
-organic chemistry TA, MCAT instructor, and bartender currently!

Schools:
LSU NOLA
LSU Shreveport
Tulane
Rush
MC Wisconsin
Wake Forest
Miami-Miller
Drexel
Penn State
Loyola
Creighton
GWU
Georgetown
Tufts
Emory
Vanderbilt
Dartmouth
Alabama-Birmingham
South Alabama
St Louis

Members don't see this ad.

The
Alabama schools accept few OOS applicants. Otherwise your list is fine and you should receive several interviews. Emory, Vanderbilt and Dartmouth are reach schools for you but it is OK to have a few reach schools since you have many other schools on your list where you could be offered an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! Should I add any other "match" schools to maximize my chances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump, please help...getting nervous with all these secondaries plus AMCAS lowered my sGPA to 3.57 <__<

Does AMCAS specifically list your GPA after it was verified? I should be verified next week and am interested to see how/if they combine my undergrad and grad GPAs. My stats are very similar to yours. I also applied to Rosalind Franklin and NYMC. Sorry I couldn't be more help. You could always check out MSAR.

Bump, please help...getting nervous with all these secondaries plus AMCAS lowered my sGPA to 3.57 <__<

Does AMCAS specifically list your GPA after it was verified? I should be verified next week and am interested to see how/if they combine my undergrad and grad GPAs. My stats are very similar to yours. I also applied to Rosalind Franklin and NYMC. Sorry I couldn't be more help. You could always check out MSAR.
They don't combine undergrad and graduate grades. The appear on separate lines.

Reactions: 1 user