cGPA:3.74, sGPA:3.67, 35P MCAT, CA-res

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carldrogo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need help on school list

Biology /Music
CA resident/UC undergrad/ORM
cGPA: 3.74/ sGPA: 3.67

MCAT: 35P (14PS/8VR/13BS)

ECs:
300+ hours clinical research at a hospital (involved going into patient rooms, speaking with staff, etc), no pubs though
50 hours shadowing surgical ICU/trauma team
3 months as lab assistant in stroke research laboratory
Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity (around 100 hours for various organizations)
Member of the Music Teachers Association of California, Private teacher
Math tutor
Performed in various university recitals, master classes, and city performances (held own recital as senior honors project)
Studied biodiversity and sustainability in Costa Rica for one summer

Any suggestions on schools to add/remove?
I don’t really have any clinical based volunteering, although I have clinical exposure, so I wonder if I need to address that. I’m also planning to get some primary care shadowing done this month.

UCLA
UCSD
UCI
UCD
UCSF
USC – Keck

OHSU
U Washington
Albany
New York Medical
Rochester
Einstein
Temple
Penn State
Drexel
Boston
Tufts
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Arizona - Tuscon

Members don't see this ad.

Need help on school list

Biology /Music
CA resident/UC undergrad/ORM
cGPA: 3.74/ sGPA: 3.67

MCAT: 35P (14PS/8VR/13BS)

ECs:
300+ hours clinical research at a hospital (involved going into patient rooms, speaking with staff, etc), no pubs though
50 hours shadowing surgical ICU/trauma team
3 months as lab assistant in stroke research laboratory
Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity (around 100 hours for various organizations)
Member of the Music Teachers Association of California, Private teacher
Math tutor
Performed in various university recitals, master classes, and city performances (held own recital as senior honors project)
Studied biodiversity and sustainability in Costa Rica for one summer

Any suggestions on schools to add/remove?
I don’t really have any clinical based volunteering, although I have clinical exposure, so I wonder if I need to address that. I’m also planning to get some primary care shadowing done this month.

UCLA
UCSD
UCI
UCD
UCSF
USC – Keck

OHSU
U Washington
Albany
New York Medical
Rochester
Einstein
Temple
Penn State
Drexel
Boston
Tufts
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Arizona - Tuscon

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Then you will be accepted to these schools.

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Then you will be accepted to these schools.

What a weird way to put it... anyway, you NEED clinical volunteer work, from what has been mentioned here, in order to get into med school. ADCOMs want to see that you know what its like to be in a patient-care setting, and though you have clinical research experience, I don't know if that will be enough of a clinical setting that they like to see. I would suggest starting to volunteer in a clinical setting ASAP and putting that into your application.