Chad's Videos: regular subjects or MCAT prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CW 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So after reading all the good reviews on Chad's videos I had to look it up. Apparently, there are regular Chem/Phys videos and MCAT videos. Which ones are you, guys, using for the MCAT preparation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT specific. The other videos have extra topics that aren't covered in the MCAT. He also goes over strategies + common mistakes on MCAT.

Hey,

So after reading all the good reviews on Chad's videos I had to look it up. Apparently, there are regular Chem/Phys videos and MCAT videos. Which ones are you, guys, using for the MCAT preparation?

Thanks!

I'm a big fan of Chad's MCAT videos. IMO, he's a pretty through teacher. From watching all of his videos this year, and all of last year's, I suspect that he actually goes down AAMC's MCAT checklist to make sure he covered everything. If you want to sample, you can watch his MCAT Biology videos for free: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1247592/ The only reason I would supplement with other MCAT texts is because they might go into more depth, not because they would cover any additional topics (the one caveat is Biology - chad's biology is free because he isn't finished making all of it as you'll see and as he says).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^ Do you think it is worth buying or rather just use the ~150 (idk how much it costs) to buy more practice tests?

I suspect that he actually goes down AAMC's MCAT checklist to make sure he covered everything
Really? That's nice! I am going to go through this checklist myself, of course, but it's good to know that he put an effort into creating his MCAT videos. I did watch a few free samples before, but thanks for the link :) And yeah, I would definitely supplement the videos with text. In fact, I should say that the text is my primary source and I am supplementing it with videos :)

Really? That's nice! I am going to go through this checklist myself, of course, but it's good to know that he put an effort into creating his MCAT videos. I did watch a few free samples before, but thanks for the link :) And yeah, I would definitely supplement the videos with text. In fact, I should say that the text is my primary source and I am supplementing it with videos :)

I watched some of his biology and physics and I didn't like it too much tbh. I think there are better physics teachers on the youtube. His chemistry and organic chemistry on the other hand is amazing. Orgo is one of the main reasons I decided to buy the videos since I haven't taken Orgo in 3-4 years.

I watched some of his biology and physics and I didn't like it too much tbh. I think there are better physics teachers on the youtube. His chemistry and organic chemistry on the other hand is amazing. Orgo is one of the main reasons I decided to buy the videos since I haven't taken Orgo in 3-4 years.

Who are the better physics teachers on youtube? Could you elaborate, please :)

I know a lot of people like Khan, but it feels slow watching him. I like to watch this guy. If you really want a thorough overview I would watch khanacademy or Doc Schuster. I usually read before I watch the videos so I usually watch the videos if I don't completely understand a concept or to see if teachers can give me a different perspective on the subject.

I know a lot of people like Khan, but it feels slow watching him. I like to watch this guy. If you really want a thorough overview I would watch khanacademy or Doc Schuster. I usually read before I watch the videos so I usually watch the videos if I don't completely understand a concept or to see if teachers can give me a different perspective on the subject.

Thanks! :D The guy in the video explained the capacitance 1000 times better than my physics teacher did! That's kind of sad...
Anyway, I like Khan Academy as well. And yeah, I always read first and then if I don't understand I try to find a video with an explanation. I think it's a good strategy :)

To be quite honest that is because those are not his strengths. His ability to teach organic is unparalleled. Its really gold. Next his gen chem is phenomenal. I would strongly suggest anyone who is having trouble with these 2 subjects to get his videos. Physics is good, I use it and take notes before I tackle a Berkley section. But, gen chem and organic are golden golden golden. His bio is pretty weak, as are his quizzes for them. Maybe genetics is OK.

Thanks! :D The guy in the video explained the capacitance 1000 times better than my physics teacher did! That's kind of sad...
Anyway, I like Khan Academy as well. And yeah, I always read first and then if I don't understand I try to find a video with an explanation. I think it's a good strategy :)

Yeah and definitely check out Doc Physics too. He doesn't get enough views and he can really make physics so much easier.

Yeah and definitely check out Doc Physics too. He doesn't get enough views and he can really make physics so much easier.

Wow, this guy is great! He actually makes Physics interesting. It's amazing how important it is to have a good teacher who is passionate about the subject and who wants you to learn. Teachers like that can truly have an impact on someone's life! Thank you so much for the link. I subscribed to his channel :)

I haven't watched Chad's MCAT videos but I can say this. Chad is a BRILLIANT. He worked at my school, Arizona State University, for awhile in the chemistry department. His in person review sessions as well as the multitude of online chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics videos he offered all of the ASU students were HUGE difference makers in my success. He is very good at taking very tough, complex concepts and breaking them down into an understandable manner. In my experience, the biggest benefit from watching his videos is that he explains the CONCEPTS extremely well; it's almost impossible to get up after one of his videos and not have an understanding of all the topics he covered. I highly recommend Chad as a resource based off my experience with him at ASU.

I haven't watched Chad's MCAT videos but I can say this. Chad is a BRILLIANT. He worked at my school, Arizona State University, for awhile in the chemistry department. His in person review sessions as well as the multitude of online chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics videos he offered all of the ASU students were HUGE difference makers in my success. He is very good at taking very tough, complex concepts and breaking them down into an understandable manner. In my experience, the biggest benefit from watching his videos is that he explains the CONCEPTS extremely well; it's almost impossible to get up after one of his videos and not have an understanding of all the topics he covered. I highly recommend Chad as a resource based off my experience with him at ASU.

Thank you! :)