Chance Me Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimmyRoberts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was verified today, just wondering what my chances are given my stats:

3.15 Science GPA, 3.65 Non Science, 3.3 Math, and 3.4 Overall

59 Verbal, 75 Bio, 79 Reading, 54 Quant, 62 Chem, 68 Composite PCAT

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Was verified today, just wondering what my chances are given my stats:

3.15 Science GPA, 3.65 Non Science, 3.3 Math, and 3.4 Overall

59 Verbal, 75 Bio, 79 Reading, 54 Quant, 62 Chem, 68 Composite PCAT

Thanks!

degree ?? what year are you ??

you might have good chance for low to mid-tier schools imho.

Hi, I have a Bachelor's and a Master's, although the Master's is in a non-science field. Does that make a difference?
And, this might sound like a dumb question - but how do I know what tier schools are in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have a Bachelor's and a Master's, although the Master's is in a non-science field. Does that make a difference?
And, this might sound like a dumb question - but how do I know what tier schools are in?

your degree could make a lot of difference. Many schools prefer candidates with a 4-year degree or more . I think you should retake the PCAT for better score (80's or more) as there is still time for you to retake if you would like to. Right now your PCAT is inline with your GPA, which is in general, average and fine for low to mid tier schools. If you could improve your PCAT score, you might have better chance at top tier schools.

Keep in mind, all of the guess above is simply based on your GPAs and PCAT numbers.

Talking about ranking, the most popular ranking of schools is the US News ranking,

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...p-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings?int=992108

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...3/10/methodology-best-health-schools-rankings

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools

Get 80% composite or higher on PCAT. Your chances then would be good.

Just wanted to get some more input here if you guys don't mind. I applied to Creighton, LECOM, Regis, and The University of Colorado. Also, I got a 4 in writing on the PCAT if that matters at all. Do I have a chance at any of these schools given my stats?

I tried to research on my own, but I couldn't find a lot of info. Below is what I did come up with:

LECOM: 3.2 is the average GPA, PCAT wasn't listed
Creighton: 3.3 is the average GPA, PCAT wasn't listed
Regis: 3.1 is the average GPA, PCAT minimum is 30
CU: 3.3-3.4 is the average GPA, 74 is the average PCAT and 50 is the minimum PCAT

Just wanted to get some more input here if you guys don't mind. I applied to Creighton, LECOM, Regis, and The University of Colorado. Also, I got a 4 in writing on the PCAT if that matters at all. Do I have a chance at any of these schools given my stats?

I tried to research on my own, but I couldn't find a lot of info. Below is what I did come up with:

LECOM: 3.2 is the average GPA, PCAT wasn't listed
Creighton: 3.3 is the average GPA, PCAT wasn't listed
Regis: 3.1 is the average GPA, PCAT minimum is 30
CU: 3.3-3.4 is the average GPA, 74 is the average PCAT and 50 is the minimum PCAT

Yes, you do have a chance. However it is low, at least for Creighton and CU imho.

Open it up...apply to more schools.

Last edited: