Chances after retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drjonny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I graduated with a pretty shoddy GPA, and have since decided to retake some courses. I have taken 20 credits at a 3.85 cGPA and 3.85 sGPA as part of a post-bacc.

AACOMAS cGPA= 3.13
AACOMAS sGPA= 3.03

I still plan on retaking one or two more before applying in addition to a few new classes. I realize that a >30 MCAT will increase my odds tenfold, but what would my chances be thus far? Did the post-bacc really do anything for me?

ECs include above average volunteering, shadowing, research and clinical hours.

Members don't see this ad.

So I graduated with a pretty shoddy GPA, and have since decided to retake some courses. I have taken 20 credits at a 3.85 cGPA and 3.85 sGPA as part of a post-bacc.

AACOMAS cGPA= 3.13
AACOMAS sGPA= 3.03

I still plan on retaking one or two more before applying in addition to a few new classes. I realize that a >30 MCAT will increase my odds tenfold, but what would my chances be thus far? Did the post-bacc really do anything for me?

Right now you need a 29+ mcat score to have a shot. But if you can bring both GPAs to 3.3+ after some retakes, a 27+ mcat will definitely make you competitive at many schools...

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I can get it to a 3.2 after another semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chances are very good now. Aim for high 20s on MCAT and you'll be fine.

AACOMAS cGPA= 3.13
AACOMAS sGPA= 3.03

27 on mcat and you'll be good.

My stats aren't that much higher than yours (maybe .15 or so). I've got 4 interviews so far this cycle. Aim for high 20s