Chances as an IMG for this years match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danvasta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated med school overseas last year. My scores are as follows
Step 1 :234
Step 2: 255
I have about 4 months of USCE in the form of electives at an Ivy league university. 1 month of observership at Tufts during which I got an opportunity to work in a molecular oncology lab and I plan on doing so for the next few months at least (through interview season). I have no prior research experience besides this as in no papers published but I am working on a case report (not research but still) with one of the physicians here, but no publications yet. I want to do hem/onc eventually as a fellowship so I want to match into a really good university based program. I know needing a visa and the fact that I am an IMG may play against me. All my letters are from US physicians again from these top universities and I know they are strong. What are my chances of matching into a really good university program? As an IMG should I be shooting for the lower tier community programs and am I being realistic?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.