Chances/Competitiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrMalfoy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, trying to gauge my competitiveness at some of the anesthesia residencies I applied to.
School: Top 15, Non-west coast school
Step 1: mid 245-255 range
Step 2: Not taken
Grades: Honors in two rotations, High pass in rest (including surgery and medicine), Not AOA or gold humanism. School doesn't Rank
Research: Plenty of research experiences but none in anesthesia, no publications
My top choices would be UCSF, UWashington, Oregon, Mass Gen, Brigham Women's, UCLA, Stanford

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Advice for what? Your app is already in. What do you want us to tell you, you need to pass step 2?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Advice: You're going to match somewhere nice. Go have a beer.

Reactions: 1 users
You are competitive for those programs from a Step 1 standpoint, but your application otherwise seems rather bland. I can easily see you getting interviews at all of those places, or none of those places; neither scenario would shock me. That being said, reality will prolly be somewhere in the middle, and you will get interviews at a random handful and be looked over by the rest. The overwhelming odds are you will match at an excellent program and join us on this side of the fence, telling anxious MS4s this time next year to calm down and crack open a cold one.

Reactions: 1 user