Chances for Dental School App?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gelsomina1

Reaction score
Hi All! Just recently took the DAT and didn't score as well as I wanted, so will be retaking in August. Score breakdown:
PAT: 18
QR: 15
RC: 22
OC: 19
GC: 20
BIO: 16
Overall: 18
GPA: 3.98; ScGPA: 3.95
Volunteer hours: 200; Shadowing hours: 500
My question is as follows: should I submit my application on June 1st regardless and inform the schools that I will be retaking the DAT in August or is it best that I wait to submit?
I am fluent in three languages (Italian, English and Arabic) and can speak French and Spanish as well. I lived for 10 years in Italy and for 10 years as well in Syria before the war broke out. I am not considered an international student but a US citizen. Moreover, I have one publication and have done two qualitative research internships (one in NY at the largest NGO in the world, IRC and another in the UK) and I am a certified Italian Red Cross Member, I attended courses on FirstAid and International Humanitarian Law. Finally, I recently was able to visit Syria for the first time and assisted local dentists that provide care to extremely impoverished locations. Would love any insight anyone would have!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. You can submit the score first then update it afterwards with a newer score. August is still pretty early. But make sure you study well and concentrate on your weak sections.

Reactions: 1 user
Also keep in mind that schools won’t review your app until you get that second score in if you do notify them, so make sure you prepare well and don’t have to push it further back.

Your science gpa is out of sync with your science performance on the DAT.