chances for next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feet2017

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I wanted to know my chances for an acceptance at a low tier DO school during the next cycle.
I have been accepted to a DPM program at western already, but just wanted to know and so I figured the best place to ask was here.

2 years of research 1 in a bio lab and another for education. did not publish anything
~100 hours of volunteering at hospital
~40 hours at an afterschool program for underprivileged kids.
worked as a temp worker at an organic farm for pumpkin season
currently tutoring through a private company
Did a summer internship for fun at a car company
extremely strong upward gpa trend.
I go to a mid tier UC
26 on MCAT 8V 8P 10B
cum gpa: 3.333
sci gpa: 3.351

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I wanted to know my chances for a low tier DO schools during the next cycle.
I have been accepted to a DPM program at western already, but just wanted to know and so I figured the best place to ask was here.

2 years of research 1 in a bio lab and another for education. did not publish anything
~100 hours of volunteering at hospital
~40 hours at an afterschool program for underprivileged kids.
worked as a temp worker at an organic farm for pumpkin season
currently tutoring through a private company
Did a summer internship for fun at a car company
extremely strong upward gpa trend.
I go to a mid tier UC
26 on MCAT 8V 8P 10B
cum gpa: 3.333
sci gpa: 3.351

Thanks again.
If you want to be a DO instead of a podiatrist, chances are pretty good if you apply broadly.

Why did you apply DPM?

Shadow DO (around 50-100 hours) and get a DO LOR. Increase your clinical volunteering. Try and get a cGPA of a 3.4-3.5. And then you'll have a good shot at DO schools.

A 26 is low but I know two people who got accepted with a 25. The thing is though, they have great applications- with publications, and hundreds upon hundreds of hours of volunteering.

shadow a DO, and then chances will be great.