chances? MCAT-36 cGPA-3.977 sGPA - 3.987

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kissmyasthma420

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Texas resident
Texas public school
Chemistry and Physics Double Major
MCAT - 36, 14 Phys, 10 Verb, 12 Bio
cGPA-3.977 sGPA - 3.987

Extracurricular/awards:
Assistant facilitator for undergrad sci/math courses
Tutor
Research for 1 year (ongoing computational chemistry research, no publications yet)
Volunteering at hospital - 800 hours
No shadowing yet (but shadowed in high school if that even counts)
Buddhist youth group since 2001
Eagle Scout

School list so far:
Baylor
UT Southwestern
UT Houston
UTMB
Einstein
Case Western
Geisel School at Dartmouth
NYU
Northwestern
U. Michigan
Cornell
Tufts
Maryland
Virginia
Oregon
Rochester
Ohio State

Maybes:
Harvard
Mt. Sinai
Johns Hopkins
Columbia

and please suggest any out of state public/private schools I should apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the numbers! Seems like the sky is the limit for you, except the extreme research-heavy schools.

Also see if you can do some shadowing! I think the general consensus is that High school shadowing generally does not count, unless it's significant in terms of hours. Doesn't hurt to put it on there though, since you probably do some "shadowing"/procedure watching during hospital volunteering.

Good luck!

100% concur.

Congrats on the numbers! Seems like the sky is the limit for you, except the extreme research-heavy schools.

Also see if you can do some shadowing! I think the general consensus is that High school shadowing generally does not count, unless it's significant in terms of hours. Doesn't hurt to put it on there though, since you probably do some "shadowing"/procedure watching during hospital volunteering.

Good luck!

If money isn't an issue, then add all of the maybe's if you want. You have a strong application (though I don't know if your Eagle Scout stuff counts as non-clinical volunteering during college?). Your instate schools should provide the "safer" options (I'd add all the Texas schools). Your current list is fine though.