Chances of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgatorc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted your unbiased opinion on what are my chances of getting accepted and where best to apply.

My overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA (still needs to be calculated but it should be around 3.6/3.7)
DAT: AA19, TS19

I feel my resume is also pretty diverse and competitive. I've done many hours of volunteering, shadowing, and community service. I am the president of one of the organizations at my home university and I'm heavily involved in research. I think what also sets me apart is my cultural background. I speak fluently Polish, Spanish, and Portuguese.

I know my DAT score makes my application weaker but do you think that with everything else I could still apply to the more competitive schools (UCSC, UPenn, etc.)?

Other info: Florida resident.

Members don't see this ad.

You are fine, I had the same DAT scores, slightly higher GPA, weaker ECs, applied in late August to 19 schools, got 11 invites, went to 6, got 6 offers (one from a reach school). Apply to a bunch of schools, do it early, and you will get your opportunity.

Do you mind me asking which state you're from and what schools you had applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're good. Good luck!

I think you have a pretty decent shot actually. Assuming you have a pretty good application, just be sure to beast your interviews.