Chances of matching top 10 neuro program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiBoyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently got Step 2 ck score back (246). While I am not upset about the score itself, it is a downtrend from step 1 (255). Given how many of those applying this year will have p/f step 1 scores, I am wondering if this will impact my chances at a top-tier program. My main reason for wanting a "higher-ranked" program is my desire to go into a research track, more commonly offered and better-funded at these programs. I am completing a clinical research masters program with significant experience (basic and clinical) and some publications.
Clinical grades:
Neuro/Psych (H)
Peds (H)
All else HP
Neuro Sub-I (H)

Members don't see this ad.

Recently got Step 2 ck score back (246). While I am not upset about the score itself, it is a downtrend from step 1 (255). Given how many of those applying this year will have p/f step 1 scores, I am wondering if this will impact my chances at a top-tier program. My main reason for wanting a "higher-ranked" program is my desire to go into a research track, more commonly offered and better-funded at these programs. I am completing a clinical research masters program with significant experience (basic and clinical) and some publications.
Clinical grades:
Neuro/Psych (H)
Peds (H)
All else HP
Neuro Sub-I (H)
Define what the top 10 programs are. I don't think going to a top 30 or 40 program (e.g. Cincinnatti, Rush, etc) will prevent you from having the career you desire

Define what the top 10 programs are. I don't think going to a top 30 or 40 program (e.g. Cincinnatti, Rush, etc) will prevent you from having the career you desire
Mayo, Hopkins, UPenn, UMich etc. all have R25 funded research training programs for residents in neurology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you check residency explorer to see where your step 2 falls at these programs? Can also compare your research output

Reactions: 2 users