Chances of Residency with FPGEE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I was Wondering if it is possible to get matched in a program after finishing FPGEE and obtaining license and nether the fact that I got a 2.8 GPA in my foreign School be a limiting factor or me getting an acceptable grade in FPGEE [above 150] Compensate for my low GPA .

Thanks alot in advance

Members don't see this ad.

GPAs less than 3.0 are most likely not going to get looked at.

I am going to be completely honest and to the point, you almost have no chance. The best way to proceed is to network and get a staff pharmacist job in a hospital (not easy, but possible). From there you have 2 paths, either get an MBA and take the administrative route, or put 3 years in and obtain BCPS and move up clinically. I don't want to discourage you, just being realistic but I really believe that if you work hard and make the right relationships you will do well regardless of residency training.

FYI,
I was born in Egypt too (although I finished high schools in the States).

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch!

So you think I should'nt try and go down the resdiency route? Also would considring a Pharmd be a logical option?

Also whats the re reason behind me having no chances? The low GPA :(?

Ouch!

So you think I should'nt try and go down the resdiency route? Also would considring a Pharmd be a logical option?

You don't have a PharmD? If not, going back and doing that and getting better GPA might improve your chances, but yes a low GPA will most likely have people "trash" your application.

Definitely try to get a PharmD, and try to go for a BeastPharmD if possible. That will give you a much better shot at a residency the next go round

Do you have to put beast in every post?

You don't have a PharmD? If not, going back and doing that and getting better GPA might improve your chances, but yes a low GPA will most likely have people "trash" your application.

I just finished a 5 year B.Sc. in pharmacy back here in egypt and currently in the process of taking FPGEE and GRE ..... the problem is in egypt i got a Gpa of 2.85 so i was wondering would that matter or should i focus on gettinga good score in the fpgee to compensate for my low GPA. It would suck if i had to re take a 4 year PharmD program.

I just finished a 5 year B.Sc. in pharmacy back here in egypt and currently in the process of taking FPGEE and GRE ..... the problem is in egypt i got a Gpa of 2.85 so i was wondering would that matter or should i focus on gettinga good score in the fpgee to compensate for my low GPA. It would suck if i had to re take a 4 year PharmD program.

Yes, your GPA matters when it's that low. A lot of places have a cut off either officially or unofficially where they won't look at a candidate with less than a 3.0. Some people have slipped by, maybe they've done rotations there, etc, but I think it's pretty rare.

Yes, your GPA matters when it's that low. A lot of places have a cut off either officially or unofficially where they won't look at a candidate with less than a 3.0. Some people have slipped by, maybe they've done rotations there, etc, but I think it's pretty rare.

So what do you suggest to do to up my chances?

So what do you suggest to do to up my chances?
There's another thread where people gave advice to someone that had a low GPA and about possibly finding another alternative. Give that thread a try.