chances question for Sackler - need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shnitzel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know what you guys think of my situation...

I'm currently finishing my Msc. at U. Toronto in Neuroscience. I have a high-ish GPA but a low-ish (25) MCAT. Is there a viable chance for me to get into Sackler for 2010?

thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know what you guys think of my situation...

I'm currently finishing my Msc. at U. Toronto in Neuroscience. I have a high-ish GPA but a low-ish (25) MCAT. Is there a viable chance for me to get into Sackler for 2010?

thanks,
If you're applying for 2010, you should retake the MCAT. 25 is low.

If you're applying for 2010, you should retake the MCAT. 25 is low.

im in the class of 2010 and i know of people who got below a 25... it's possible

Members don't see this ad :)
im in the class of 2010 and i know of people who got below a 25... it's possible
But he has plenty of time to study for the MCAT and kick butt on it, and who knows, open more doors. Knowing the material covered on the MCAT better could only help for medical school.

But he has plenty of time to study for the MCAT and kick butt on it, and who knows, open more doors. Knowing the material covered on the MCAT better could only help for medical school.

ya. i would like to see what you have to say about that after a few months in med school.

oh. and my mcat score was closer to a 25 than a 30 and i got in.

ya. i would like to see what you have to say about that after a few months in med school.
I don't know, I think some of my most high yield classes were ones I took in high school. Obviously I don't go around solving systems of equations everyday, but skills built from that add up elsewhere. If you suck in physics, it does make physiology more challenging and memory intensive. Sure, you don't have to know it, but context makes learning easier.

I don't know, I think some of my most high yield classes were ones I took in high school. Obviously I don't go around solving systems of equations everyday, but skills built from that add up elsewhere. If you suck in physics, it does make physiology more challenging and memory intensive. Sure, you don't have to know it, but context makes learning easier.

i blow at physics. but i don't find physiology hard.

I get your point, understanding fluids makes the circulatory system more tangible and grasping basic chem obviously makes nervous system stuff easier to wrap your head around...
But, OP, what do you mean by "high-ish GPA?" A 3.5 and a 25 probably won't cut it.... a higher GPA and awesome ec's, lors and statement of intent might. It's also getting kinda late in the application cycle. But there's nothing to lose by applying anyway, except for $50 ;)