Chances to Touro - CA with these stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parpar2222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just received my secondary application for Touro-CA. AACOMAS calculated my official cgpa to be 3.27 and my MCAT score is a 507... what do you think my chances are with these stats? Is it worth it to submit the secondary? I am also a California native/ graduated from UC Davis if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Good chance, do the secondary

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine for them.

Hi guys! I just received my secondary application for Touro-CA. AACOMAS calculated my official cgpa to be 3.27 and my MCAT score is a 507... what do you think my chances are with these stats? Is it worth it to submit the secondary? I am also a California native/ graduated from UC Davis if that helps.

That GPA will be a problem for lot of DO schools, not merely Touro. Auto-reject at mine, for example. If you have any F/D/C science grades, best to retake.

Blech! I figured! I'll be having a 4.0 of 16 credits to put on the academic update at least :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Blech! I figured! I'll be having a 4.0 of 16 credits to put on the academic update at least :/

Dont take everything Goro says for granted though, he/she has been incorrect many times, only apply it to his school. With a score as high as 514 on the MCAT I am pretty sure you will be desired at a bunch of schools.

I cant speak for touro 100% but I was told by their admissions director that they place a HUGE emphasis on MCAT . Their average was like a 31 but their team got super happy about people with 36. You have a highscore, I know youll get in somewhere.
Definitely dont waste a year retaking, atleast apply .

Dont take everything Goro says for granted though, he/she has been incorrect many times, only apply it to his school. With a score as high as 514 on the MCAT I am pretty sure you will be desired at a bunch of schools.

I cant speak for touro 100% but I was told by their admissions director that they place a HUGE emphasis on MCAT . Their average was like a 31 but their team got super happy about people with 36. You have a highscore, I know youll get in somewhere.
Definitely dont waste a year retaking, atleast apply .

I'm already finishing up classes! I've been getting around a 4.0 for the past few semesters and I don't plan on stopping. at the very least I'll always have good news to give to the schools I applied to during academic updates. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

How about a cGPA 3.62 and a 504-506 MCAT?

Last edited:
Dig up user3's post on the median stats for the COMs. The apply to those schools whose stats are closest to your own. But skip Touro-NY and LUCOM.

Take to words of random pre-meds with a large block of NaCl.

I'm already finishing up classes! I've been getting around a 4.0 for the past few semesters and I don't plan on stopping. at the very least I'll always have good news to give to the schools I applied to during academic updates. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Your fine for everywhere except the coastal Touros and Midwesterns

Dig up user3's post on the median stats for the COMs. The apply to those schools whose stats are closest to your own. But skip Touro-NY and LUCOM.

Take to words of random pre-meds with a large block of NaCl.

Why should he/she skip the Coastal Touros? and Goro what is the reasoning for skipping Touro-NY.

A 3.0 GPA is circling the drain for nearly all DO schools. The coastal Touros have the 2nd and 3rd highest median GPAs, after CCOM.

Touro-NY recently overbooked their class and did some underhanded things in order to cull down the herd. Overbooking itself is rare, but the degree to which they did it is one of astounding incompetence. But it's their reaction to this that forces to me to advise people to turn away from it.

Why should he/she skip the Coastal Touros? and Goro what is the reasoning for skipping Touro-NY.

Goro/others, what are my chances for these other DO schools in your opinion...

stats mentioned again:
MCAT-507 (128-physics, 128 bio, 127 psych, 124 critical reading <---messed up score)
According to AACOMAS
cgpa-3.27 (undergrad and current grad classes combined)
sgpa-3.18
ggpa-3.83 (cumulative for two quarters worth of MPH in Biostats grades)

-California native
-UC Davis undergrad (graduated in three years in Neurobio major--explains my low sgpa)
-I know I messed up my undergrad gpa by rushing, but I did demonstrate an upward trend my last year as well as a current graduate student.

lots of research experience, extracurricular (IM sports/leadership), shadowing a DO, volunteered abroad on a medical mission....and so on and so forth

ive applied to all except still debating rocky vista and Edward via schools given my gpa's mentioned above. Do I have a shot at an interview at all?

Last edited:
not gonna lie it's so hard to bring a gpa up after undergrad :(

not gonna lie it's so hard to bring a gpa up after undergrad :(

For DO, just retake any C/D/F and it jumps up a lot faster than you think! Replace any of those with A's and it'll go up .03-.04.

Reactions: 1 users
A 3.0 GPA is circling the drain for nearly all DO schools. The coastal Touros have the 2nd and 3rd highest median GPAs, after CCOM.

Touro-NY recently overbooked their class and did some underhanded things in order to cull down the herd. Overbooking itself is rare, but the degree to which they did it is one of astounding incompetence. But it's their reaction to this that forces to me to advise people to turn away from it.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback, Goro. I know it's going to be an uphill climb for me, and I'm thankful for that dose of reality. I'm paying for mistakes made early in my college career, but I'm working as hard as I can now to make up for it. I applied nearly everywhere where I met the cutoffs, so hopefully someone will see my upward trend and give me a chance! If not, there's always next year, where my app will be much harder to refuse :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think chances are best at: