Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances for UHCO with a 3.0 gpa and a 360 OAT score

Can you give us any insight on why you want to go into optometry and detail your experiences that got you to decide that way? Other information like your major/type of university, etc. would be helpful.

the first job I got was at an optometrist office as a receptionist 3 years ago. That was the first time i was exposed to patient care. I slowly started to work up patients and it became my favorite part of my job especially when it came to elder patients. also the two eye doctors I work for let me watch foreign body removal, plugs, prokera lens and much more and it made really interested to go into this field and especially go into a field where I can help someone with their vision. i think vision is one of our most dominant senses and there is so much more an optometrist can do to help people. This goes from basic eyeglass/contact prescriptivists to helping diabetic patients or people who take plaquenil for their lupus and one of the side affects includes a bullseye maculopathy. I've been exposed to so many different cases of patients. patients with terrible visual field test results, macular degeneration, and more. and i would see this patients come back after being on macuhealth pills and their test time improved. And its so nice to see their reaction when they know they are doing a little better. I do all patient work ups and pre op testing and OCTs and i enjoy it a lot. I know this is an extremely rewarding career where i can help people live more comfortably just by helping their vision. I really am interested in the disease part of optometry as well as glaucoma.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.