chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhop

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a place which is definitely out of my league decides to interview me...does anyone have experience of matching at a place where your stats just did not match up...

Members don't see this ad.

a place which is definitely out of my league decides to interview me...does anyone have experience of matching at a place where your stats just did not match up...

In the same spot... definitely interested in any input that could be provided.

I'm a 4th year student FWIW, but I have been on some interviews where the PD told us point-blank that grades and USMLE scores were thrown out the window once you got an interview offer and that the majority of the ranking came from the interview. Could be that some of these programs do something similar (or, you could just be a 'safety' pick of theirs - hard to say which at this point).

Ive heard people say that scores don't matter once you have the interview, but I've also heard people saying how residents have no say, which is usually not the case. I think they just say these things, but then again you never know. Bottom line is to just rank places how you like them. Preference always goes to the applicant :)