Change from Art to Dentistery! Helllllpppp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nilson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends, I studied design(BA )in foreign middle east country, now I am permanent resident of USA and want to continue my studies to dentistry. Is it better to pass another bachelor like biology in us college or get post bacc? I mean do they have any preference for accepting between post bacc or bachelor ? Do you know about which university in New york is better for post bacc? I really need your help. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Suny for undergrad because it's a state school.

Reactions: 1 user
No need to get another bachelors degree. Just take the pre-requisite courses needed at a 4 year college/university, and then you can apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take pre requisites, get a 4.0, then get 21+ DAT... different schools have different class requirements (6 hours of english vs 3 etc) so look out for that.

Sent from my SM-G930U using SDN mobile

I was a business major, I’m currently in a post-bacc program and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No need to get another bachelors degree. Just take the pre-requisite courses needed at a 4 year college/university, and then you can apply.
Which one is better? Which college i mean

Which one is better? Which college i mean
It doesn't really matter what college. You just need a 4.0. Unless someone is paying for your school, go for the cheaper one.

It doesn't really matter what college. You just need a 4.0. Unless someone is paying for your school, go for the cheaper one.

you don't need 4.0.
Just do the best you can, but 4.0 is definitely not required. 3.5+ and 20+ on DAT is pretty good number. Of course, higher the better.
They will be interested in your art studies because dentistry is science + art. You will be a good dentist!

Reactions: 1 users
guys,
do you exactly know which universities accept Post Bacc? Colombia, NYU, Stony and maybe if there is more option?

They're all fine with post baccs. Just do well in the program. The only issue would be if you took CC or Juco prereqs, where a few dental schools may not take your credits.

Community College or Junior College - 2 year colleges. Some dental schools won't accept these. Take at a four year school.