Change in planned courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k12123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it affect my decision if I didn't take the planned courses that I indicated on my primary? I indicated that I was going to take parasitology for the spring but unfortunately, my university is not offering the class. Instead, I will most likely end up taking molecular markers for evolutionary biology and ecology. Would the change of courses ultimately affect my decision or would it be grounds for being rescinded? Also, once I finally sign up for my spring courses, how do I update the schools? Should I call them individually or should I just update my AACOMAS? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Unless a school requires Parasitology (don't think there is a single one that would), you will be fine. I suggest just doing whatever works out the best for you while still meeting the min requirements for the schools.

As far as updating the schools, well I don't really think that is necessary. If anything, updating w/ semester grades would make sense but at that point, you should know if you are in or not (in an ideal world).

Maybe others can chime in, but I'm not sure you absolutely need to do anything.

Unless a school requires Parasitology (don't think there is a single one that would), you will be fine. I suggest just doing whatever works out the best for you while still meeting the min requirements for the schools.

As far as updating the schools, well I don't really think that is necessary. If anything, updating w/ semester grades would make sense but at that point, you should know if you are in or not (in an ideal world).

Maybe others can chime in, but I'm not sure you absolutely need to do anything.
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a similar situation, although it was a required course for only one of the schools I applied to. You can send a new transcript to AACOMAS if you feel it's necessary and they will release it to the schools. Good luck!

That's the thing though, they would only see it in my final transcript before I matriculate in the fall. Does anyone have any experience with deviating from the planned courses that you put down on your AACOMAS? Did the schools question you about it? I know parasitology is not a prerequisite, but just getting really nervous here.

I had a similar situation, although it was a required course for only one of the schools I applied to. You can send a new transcript to AACOMAS if you feel it's necessary and they will release it to the schools. Good luck!