Change of plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trench Foot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bottom line up front: I was supposed to be released from active duty Army in May, but my resignation was denied and I’m headed for another overseas deployment next month. I will be released May 2014 instead. My goal was to take the MCAT in 2014 and apply to start pod school in 2015.

I don’t want my timeline to be completely ruined and the only way I can stay on track is to take general chemistry I&II online while I’m gone. UNE offers a post bacc sequence all online so that’s an option. My question is, should I just move my timeline back a year, or try to take chemistry online? I really don’t want to take the new MCAT in 2015 so maybe I already know the answer to my question. Any thoughts?

I graduated in 2007 with a B.S. in polisci. I took Gen Bio I&II in 2010. I took Gen Chem I&II ten years ago so I need to retake them.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My Gen Chems and Bios were 10+ years old. I have been admitted to multiple schools and the admissions departments did not even blink an eye. If you choose to retake, check with your top 3 schools directly and see what their opinion is on your course of action.

If anyone is interested, I did try to contact every school (Temple said they would get back to me, and haven't heard from NYCPM) and they said UNE's online post bacc credits would be accepted. I asked if my application would be looked at unfavorably and they said given my situation and the fact that I've already taken chemistry before I shouldn't worry. However, Kent State did tell me that if I took more than the chem retakes then more emphasis would be placed on the MCAT score. Overall, good news.