Changing a letter of interest to a letter of Intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emh_omega-323

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'll go ahead and say this is for Mayo because I know they are unique in their perspective on this. I sent a letter of interest to Mayo rather than a letter of intent because I had an interview with another school that's also amazing and closer to home. Little did I know that I was interviewing for a wait list spot.

Now that I do know, I am seriously regretting not submitting a letter of intent to Mayo. At most places I know it wouldn't matter, but at Mayo it does. Is it ever a good move to send a letter of intent after a letter of interest? Or is it too late in the game since I know Mayo sent out most of its As already?

Members don't see this ad.

Send it if you get waitlisted at mayo

Reactions: 1 user
So I'll go ahead and say this is for Mayo because I know they are unique in their perspective on this. I sent a letter of interest to Mayo rather than a letter of intent because I had an interview with another school that's also amazing and closer to home. Little did I know that I was interviewing for a wait list spot.

Now that I do know, I am seriously regretting not submitting a letter of intent to Mayo. At most places I know it wouldn't matter, but at Mayo it does. Is it ever a good move to send a letter of intent after a letter of interest? Or is it too late in the game since I know Mayo sent out most of its As already?
If it's been at least a couple months since your letter of interest, I would go ahead and send a letter of intent if you have additional interval updates to share. Mayo clearly wants them, so you would be foolish not to play by their rules. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 1 users