This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1234567891011

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been working at the same job for about 7 months now since i graduated undergrad, applied, and was accepted to medical school. On my application I said I'd be continuing at my current job until July 2017. However, I'm feeling a little burned out with this job (also, it's very low paying) and want to find one that I'm better suited for. If I change jobs is it necessary to update the schools I was accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

You could quit and do nothing too. Youre accepted already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been working at the same job for about 7 months now since i graduated undergrad, applied, and was accepted to medical school. On my application I said I'd be continuing at my current job until July 2017. However, I'm feeling a little burned out with this job (also, it's very low paying) and want to find one that I'm better suited for. If I change jobs is it necessary to update the schools I was accepted to?

I'm feeling the same way. I also put that I would be continuing my job until the summer, so I hope it's ok that I will quitting early.

Technically, you're supposed to update if there's any significant change in your application, but I doubt anybody will care. Especially since anybody in a normal, full-time position knows that jobs come and go and people come and go.

Technically, you're supposed to update if there's any significant change in your application, but I doubt anybody will care. Especially since anybody in a normal, full-time position knows that jobs come and go and people come and go.
My full-time job was not on my AMCAS because I didn't have it at the time of submitting. I wonder if this technicality applies.

My full-time job was not on my AMCAS because I didn't have it at the time of submitting. I wonder if this technicality applies.

Well, did you tell your schools about the job? If so, then technically you're still supposed to tell them if something changes, but again, it's not likely to change anything.

Well, did you tell your schools about the job? If so, then technically you're still supposed to tell them if something changes, but again, it's not likely to change anything.
Most of them I told them informally at interviews.