Charles Drew University Masters in Biomedical Sciences 2023 versus non-degree classes at CSUN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lkcohen112

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to SDN. I was premed in college and faced some pretty significant mental health issues. ive been sober 5 years now and getting back on my feet. my science gpa was a 3.57 ish and my college gpa was 3.53. i took some community college classes but my college advisor said they should be 4 year college classes and in person.
i did really well on the mcat (523) but i know with my gpa the chances are still iffy.

i got into the charles drew masters in biomedical sciences. i want to make sure it's legit. it sounds like a good program but i know a lot of colleges are trying to make money off of desperate premeds. any feedback would be appreciated.

my other alternative would be to take classes as a non degree student at nearby universities (csun and/or usc) and working as a medical assistant part-time. does anyone have advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi lkcohen112-
Welcome to SDN. Great to have you as a fellow member!