CHC vs PCOM - Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

inschoolforever

mobug
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted to both PCOM and Chestnut Hill College's MS in Clinical Psychology...but I am having a hard time finding any type of 'ratings'. I enjoy the health psychology aspect they offer at PCOM - but I really want to make a good informed decision. I want to apply to a doctorate (PsyD or PhD) program afterwards so I am not stopping after my MS. I got a better feel for PCOM at the interview and not so much at CHC but I don't want to totally eliminate either program. Help please!

-M
 
The PCOM Master's program could lead you directly into their PsyD in Clinical Psych. I can't speak for the program at Chestnut Hill, but I can say that the programs at PCOM are exceptional. Plus, 100% of their predoctoral interns have landed an APA or APPIC internship this year.
 
I think Chestnut Hill's doctoral program has only been APA accredited for a few years -- not sure but I'd check out their internship match rates on their website (also for PCOM). I realize you're applying to a master's program, but the disclosure data for these school's doctoral programs might give you a better idea of their standing professionally and academically.