CHC vs PCOM - Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inschoolforever

mobug
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both PCOM and Chestnut Hill College's MS in Clinical Psychology...but I am having a hard time finding any type of 'ratings'. I enjoy the health psychology aspect they offer at PCOM - but I really want to make a good informed decision. I want to apply to a doctorate (PsyD or PhD) program afterwards so I am not stopping after my MS. I got a better feel for PCOM at the interview and not so much at CHC but I don't want to totally eliminate either program. Help please!

-M

Members don't see this ad.

The PCOM Master's program could lead you directly into their PsyD in Clinical Psych. I can't speak for the program at Chestnut Hill, but I can say that the programs at PCOM are exceptional. Plus, 100% of their predoctoral interns have landed an APA or APPIC internship this year.

I think Chestnut Hill's doctoral program has only been APA accredited for a few years -- not sure but I'd check out their internship match rates on their website (also for PCOM). I realize you're applying to a master's program, but the disclosure data for these school's doctoral programs might give you a better idea of their standing professionally and academically.