Cheap test strips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
CVS just started carrying a new line of store brand test strips that are about 23 for 100 strips. Are other companies doing the same? I have patients who copay is more than that! Pretty cool/amazing, if you ask me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How much the machines though?

Members don't see this ad :)
While you have to pay for True-Track meters, more often than not, there is a rebate in the box. The name brand test scripts are ridiculously expensive at $1-$2 per strip.

Customers have also said buying them online is cheaper or at a warehouse like Sam's Club or Costco. Just have to remind them not to buy in too much bulk because test strips do have expiration dates and some meters will not let you use them.

Does anyone know if all the inexpensive test strips are as accurate as the brand name strips? My knee-jerk reaction is to say they would be. But I have no resources to back up that claim.

They are made by nipro and sell under most of the store brands. They have data to claim they are as accurate as the name brands and they are made in the USA.

Also, since when did strips start costing 2$ each. Seems like yesterday they were around 1$ a piece

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if all the inexpensive test strips are as accurate as the brand name strips? My knee-jerk reaction is to say they would be. But I have no resources to back up that claim.

During my last pregnancy I used an insulin pump and an expensive meter. I also used a cheapo meter sometimes and tested both meters against each other. They were very close.

They are made by nipro and sell under most of the store brands. They have data to claim they are as accurate as the name brands and they are made in the USA.

Also, since when did strips start costing 2$ each. Seems like yesterday they were around 1$ a piece
If the FDA approves the devices, they're pretty accurate.

Precision XTRA strips cost close to $2 in smaller boxes if memory serves. They're individually packaged and serve a somewhat niche market.

Wm has 15 dollar meter and 50 strips for 9 bucks. Sell a ton of them and never have any complaints.