Chicago Jobs Leads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

c1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a ca-3 on the job hunt. By a change of plans, my significant other is being relocated to Chicago which is killing my job search. Does anyone have any input on the market, other than it being dismal? I'm open to academics but was wondering if any places take new grads without a fellowship! Any input would be welcomed!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely a good thought. I've been debating the proper way to find out if there are open fellowship spots without seeming unfocused...

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely a good thought. I've been debating the proper way to find out if there are open fellowship spots without seeming unfocused...
Pick up the phone and call the fellowship coordinators in the area. Simple question, simple answer, one minute-phonecall.

If you find an opening at this time of the year, as long as you present yourself well, you have a good shot at it.

Harvey is in the south suburbs and has a job opening on gas works. It's about 40 minutes from downtown bit if you lived in the south or west loop it wouldn't be to bad.

Harvey isn't the best town, FYI.

Harvey is in the south suburbs and has a job opening on gas works. It's about 40 minutes from downtown bit if you lived in the south or west loop it wouldn't be to bad.

Harvey isn't the best town, FYI.
The medical district isn't that great for safety either, but people commute.

Market sans fellowship is miserable. Harvey is a dump. Hinsdale was hiring last i checked but it was for a employment aka non partner gig