Ciox medical record requests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

promethius

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We keep on getting phone calls and faxes for medical record requests from Ciox every year. They usually want all of the medical records from the previous year for patients we have seen under a certain medical insurance.

Reading further into one of their requests, Ciox is requesting records for Medicare Advantage plans to "obtain health status documentation from diagnoses contained in claims and from information contained in the member's medical records." Have other offices been getting these medical record requests?

For a small private practice, compiling and sending medical records for all of the patients they want is time-consuming and burdensome for my staff. Just wondering how necessary are these medical record requests? I do not think the insurance is auditing our charts, but just getting information from them for reimbursement purposes with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).

Members don't see this ad.

We keep on getting phone calls and faxes for medical record requests from Ciox every year. They usually want all of the medical records from the previous year for patients we have seen under a certain medical insurance.

Reading further into one of their requests, Ciox is requesting records for Medicare Advantage plans to "obtain health status documentation from diagnoses contained in claims and from information contained in the member's medical records." Have other offices been getting these medical record requests?

For a small private practice, compiling and sending medical records for all of the patients they want is time-consuming and burdensome for my staff. Just wondering how necessary are these medical record requests? I do not think the insurance is auditing our charts, but just getting information from them for reimbursement purposes with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).

We are. Not sure what they’re about

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve heard some practices ignore for years and nothing happens

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a request for 15 patients who are united medicare advantage last week. It seems like they will be happy to get records in order for them to hit their medicare patient health status on order to qualify for some cms bonus
That's what is seemed like to me