Class choice my last semester before the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sohixe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I love reading the forum, but I now have a question that is more specific to my situation and would like a bit of advice from anyone willing to spend a minute to reply. I'll keep it short.

I'm planning to take the new MCAT this coming summer and I am in the process of figuring out what classes to take my last semester before the MCAT.

I have already taken Orgo 1 & 2, Bio 1 & 2, Biochem 1 & 2, Genetics, Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2.

The classes I have left are:
  • Molecular Bio
  • Evolution
  • Human Physiology
  • Immunology
  • Human Anatomy
  • Hematology
  • Epidemiology
  • Cell Biology
  • Microbiology
  • Physics 2

I have read here on SDN that Molecular would be a good choice so I am leaning toward that. I cannot take Cell Biology and Molecular Biology at the same time as they are both offered at the same time.

So my current schedule picks are:
  1. Physics 2 with Lab
  2. Molecular Biology w/ Lab vs Cell Biology w/Lab
  3. Open

What should I do for #2 and #3?

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Physiology is the most important class you could possibly take for the MCAT BIO section

I second that. Physiology is really helpful.
Edit: Concerning molecular vs cell bio, in my experience molecular is way too detailed but also helps you learn how to analyze experiments, and how to think about approaching a certain problem. It is by no means an easy course but it's really interesting.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)