Class of 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ah, no prob. It's nice to see you looking out for your fellow '13er!!!

Yayyyy!!! Let me know and I'll round up the troops!!! (idk how I feel about you choosing the East Coast for your Spring Break, BUUUT it's your choice)

ha...yah DocB is the homie!

Yeah, I wanna chill with all of yall. So if me and a few of my boys here at UCSD don't decided to just road trip it through Mexico down to Cabo then I'd rather just spend time out on the east coast.

we will see

Members don't see this ad.

Passed Boards/Shelf Exams in Gross and Embryology! :hardy:
Biochem ones will be back after Christmas.

Means I'm officially done w gross and embryo!

Hey, me too! I'm officially 1/8th a doctor! Somehow, that doesn't feel too prestigious, but whatever. I never have to saw a human body in half again!

Members don't see this ad :)
page 3 guys :scared:

BUMP!!!

Merry X-Mas eve!!

Merry Christmas SDN Fam :D

Rice: Ho Ho Ho :laugh:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!
answer key for the 68 multiple choice questions went up online.. I hate that with all the studying I put in, I am still just passing...

Christmas went surprisingly well at home. I'm getting a hang of this whole gift giving and buying and wrapping and hauling to another continent thing. :D (As the youngest, for many years I got away with just appending my name to stuff my older brothers bought).

Except next year, I'm starting earlier. Finals + Christmas shopping = Stress! Some people I get the same sort of thing for every year so I can just keep my eye on sales and buy what I get them soon as I see them at reasonable prices.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a Class of 2015 thread, and I realized that either I am getting old or the medical school application process starts earlier and earlier each year.

Whippersnappers.

You just now saw this?

hope everyone is well :)
anyone waiting on grades or anything? i just wish I knew whether i passed the block or not... sigh.lol

anyone waiting on grades or anything? i just wish I knew whether i passed the block or not... sigh.lol
I slept in, watched the Disney channel, and spent an hour on the internet doing absolutely nothing. And without a tinge of guilt :D Going back to school will be rough :scared:

I am sure you did great ar! Usually my little game of knowing exactly how many points I need on the last test to get a certain grade works for me. But we got our grades the day of, which was a nice going away present, lol. CardioPulmonary was a rough one for me, although it was one that I enjoyed the most :confused: Try and relax before the madness starts again :luck:

I'm not sure if I passed my histo practical, but I think I did really well on my physio and histo lecture exams, which are the other 2 I'm waiting on... Passed biochem and anatomy! :D

good luck

I'm not sure if I passed my histo practical, but I think I did really well on my physio and histo lecture exams, which are the other 2 I'm waiting on... Passed biochem and anatomy! :D

good luck

Don't forget about SciMeth! :p

I'm torn between buying textbooks next/this semester and forcing myself to just go to the library and read (ie, skim) the copies there. I'm cheap, but I'm also lazy. Which trait will win?

I don't like textbooks. It's the principle of the matter.

Last edited:

I'm torn between buying textbooks next/this semester and forcing myself to just go to the library and read (ie, skim) the copies there. I'm cheap, but I'm also lazy. Which trait will win?

I hate the library so off to buy books I go :( I was hoping to find some 2nd years to sell them to me but alas no one is offering.

haha I haven't looked at a textbook yet... don't get pulled to the gunner side! ;)

i just spent like $400 on books. Had to get 2 neuroscience books because we are starting Head and neck come Jan. 4th along with a neuroscience cases book and got a first aid book because i think i will start doing the relevant questions in there before the exams.
i am hoping that I can start studying well from day 1.. instead of like day 9 which ius what i did last block.. :(

btw, do you guys have spring break?? i dont!! WTF? I have like 3-4 days off total between jan4th and the last day of classes on june 11...

yes i have spring break. a week, plus martin luther king day off, and memorial day, but we are on the quarter system. btw, ar have you tried to buy txtbooks on ebay like international editions. it's much cheaper ... happy new years everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (from the best coast of course)

haha I haven't looked at a textbook yet... don't get pulled to the gunner side! ;)

None at all? Wow. I had the anatomy books and the BRS physiology (which I managed to destroy the morning of our last exam when a coke spilled in my bag. Thankfully, it was cheap for a textbook).

btw, do you guys have spring break?? i dont!! WTF? I have like 3-4 days off total between jan4th and the last day of classes on june 11...

Ouch, that sucks. :( We have MLK day off, and we have a week long spring break. I think that's it, but I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to visiting Mr. Quirks over spring break. :cool:

None at all? Wow. I had the anatomy books and the BRS physiology (which I managed to destroy the morning of our last exam when a coke spilled in my bag. Thankfully, it was cheap for a textbook).

Ouch, that sucks. :( We have MLK day off, and we have a week long spring break. I think that's it, but I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to visiting Mr. Quirks over spring break. :cool:
awww :) im sure mr. quirks will be happy. is he far away from you?
i wonder if maybe i didnt look carefully enough and we have like a week off too? ill double check.

yes i have spring break. a week, plus martin luther king day off, and memorial day, but we are on the quarter system. btw, ar have you tried to buy txtbooks on ebay like international editions. it's much cheaper ... happy new years everyone!

i usually buy on amazon which ends up being cheaper than the bookstore and BN.com.. my qualm with international editions is that they are usually inblack and white no?

i hope everyone had a great new years!!
did you guys see dick clark? he sounded awful!! so much worse than last year, no?

i didnt look carefully enough and they hid it pretty sneakily. looks like we have the last week or march leading into april off

i didnt look carefully enough and they hid it pretty sneakily. looks like we have the last week or march leading into april off

Yay! :) Glad to hear you do have time off. That's actually the same week we have off.

Mr. Quirks and I will be long distance (at least a 4 - 5hr flight) at least until late 2011, but probably up until residency. :( So far it's been fine though. I just miss him a lot which sucks, but the relationship is solid. :cool:

yay!! i passed the 2nd block!! done with the upper and lower limb!!! yayayayayayaya!!!!!

1. bump

2. its our lasst saturday of freedom woo hoo

3. remember when we use to go thru like 3 pgs a day? ah those were the daays. sigh. now it taakes us like a month 2 go thyru one oage! so ssad

Last edited:
i usually buy on amazon which ends up being cheaper than the bookstore and BN.com.. my qualm with international editions is that they are usually inblack and white no?

umm not the ones i buy. they are just the same as my friends have except with a different cover and its much cheaper and its new. i don't like books that have been written/highlighted in. yeah bn.com is a rip off. amazon is cheap, but international editions are wayyy cheaper.

yay!! i passed the 2nd block!! done with the upper and lower limb!!! yayayayayayaya!!!!!

congratS!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

umm not the ones i buy. they are just the same as my friends have except with a different cover and its much cheaper and its new. i don't like books that have been written/highlighted in. yeah bn.com is a rip off. amazon is cheap, but international editions are wayyy cheaper.

congratS!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
hmm.. i shall definitely look into it. thanks :)
where do you buy them from?

yay I got my cadaver today. finally

3rd page BuMP! Ouchhhh

ooo! got my skull today :)
cant lose it.. costs like $700 apparently..

ooo! got my skull today :)
cant lose it.. costs like $700 apparently..

Ours was only 400... haha, I guess if you lose it, then you can always just replace it :laugh:

Hope everyone's break was awesome! I have definitely fallen behind in my courses this week..haven't quite readjusted my mindset from break yet :rolleyes:

god, im so unmotivated on weekends... i did more work during the week i think. yesterday was a total bust so i just called it a day off...

since our curriculum is so transitional, while most of our classes fall into 1 block and the exam covers everything, the current block is like 2 monster classes - head and neck anatomy and neurophysiology.....

hmm.. i shall definitely look into it. thanks :)
where do you buy them from?

half.com or ebay.com. look for the trusted sellers that have over 97% satisfaction rate.

god, im so unmotivated on weekends... i did more work during the week i think. yesterday was a total bust so i just called it a day off...

since our curriculum is so transitional, while most of our classes fall into 1 block and the exam covers everything, the current block is like 2 monster classes - head and neck anatomy and neurophysiology.....

what is your schedule like during the week? i usually don't study at all during the weekend until two weekends before the midterm/final? i just want to see the difference in curriculum

I had that problem last week as well. I'll just have to make it up this week.

yeah, same here.

Just got the last star coins in New Super Mario Brothers Wii. Pretty sweet game. :D

edit: hey, my 1000th post

Last edited:
Guys had to put this up here....thought it was really funny

Originally Posted by ChubbyChaser
Why would anyone not sleep in 4 days? Much less a premed?

Random guy on an Allo thread

Not much of a party animal, were you?