Class of 2019...how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I technically don't have to do anything between now and when school starts, but that would screw my advisor, so I'll finish this paper and hope it gets published.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Graduating a semester early isn't that great either. It's work work work, and stressing about money because you're not living on the student loan bill anymore. Oh yeah, and repayment is coming...

I "could" have graduated last semester too. Doing work for classes that don't matter for my degree or for vet school is a major struggle.
Such a struggle bus. Both of my majors are done. Technically I could have just taken the minimum number of credits to keep my scholarship going (12) this semester to get my two degrees. Could have done the three lit classes i needed for my lit minor plus one more easy thing. But no. I had to take 18 credits. What is wrong with me.

Of course at the time I did this strategically in case I had to reapply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Graduating a semester early isn't that great either. It's work work work, and stressing about money because you're not living on the student loan bill anymore. Oh yeah, and repayment is coming...
That's a good point, I think that disruption in my school time would have messed with my survivor benefits and such from the government. Hrm.

I say I wish I had just done the lit stuff but really it's those 3 lit classes that are messing with me. So done with essays and group projects.

I say I wish I had just done the lit stuff but really it's those 3 lit classes that are messing with me. So done with essays and group projects.

That sounds miserable. I'm guessing it's too late for you to drop anything?

Try being a grad student in undergraduate classes. Or dealing with other grad students who behave like freshmen. :bang:FUNSIES.

Just realized I can post here! Congratulations everyone! I vote that we all take a celebratory nap. Every day.

Reactions: 5 users
Oh and I have to go to a career fair for one of my grad classes and write about the companies I talk to. Like come on... can't I just write about my interviews? :rolleyes:
I never understood that. Three years I had to go to career fairs and talk to production and agribusiness companies about potential careers. Careers I didn't want. But I had to go and write about it for a grade.

Reactions: 1 users
I never understood that. Three years I had to go to career fairs and talk to production and agribusiness companies about potential careers. Careers I didn't want. But I had to go and write about it for a grade.
Like... I don't want special treatment, but... I want special treatment.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like... I don't want special treatment, but... I want special treatment.
I don't get why you can't be like "Ha, sorry, no, none of this is relevant to my interests"
tumblr_mg3mzxKSfZ1rfduvxo1_500.gif

As a sit here procrastinating my physiology 2 studying......I'm like can't we all just rest our brain cells in preparation for vet school????:slap::rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
I decided to catch up on every currently active pre-vet thread. Don't do what I do, guys. I'm a bad person.
Catch-up? Not a single thread on my page is bolded. I read them aaaaaaaaall.

Ok good I'm not the only crazy person
Who needs watched threads when you're gonna read them all anyway? :heckyeah:
I get too curious. Gotta know what's going on in other school, yanno?

It appears the majority of people who have made decisions thus far have put in for UTK. Coincidence that this is the school that the moderator of this forum went to? I think not! Dyachei and her mind control abilities.... (Watch out Dubz!)

I don't get why you can't be like "Ha, sorry, no, none of this is relevant to my interests"
tumblr_mg3mzxKSfZ1rfduvxo1_500.gif

kinda tried that. I said "I feel really disingenuous going to this... blah blah." And the prof's like...." Too bad, so sad. Get exposure to something different blardeblargh. Oh congrats btw. Gtfo."

I may have paraphrased

After all procrastination I've done this past week I would like to talk to the people in charge who thought it was ok to let me be an adult.

Reactions: 3 users
It appears the majority of people who have made decisions thus far have put in for UTK. Coincidence that this is the school that the moderator of this forum went to? I think not! Dyachei and her mind control abilities.... (Watch out Dubz!)
I don't stoop that low. My school is awesome enough to speak for itself

I, for one, welcome our zombie vet overlord

kinda tried that. I said "I feel really disingenuous going to this... blah blah." And the prof's like...." Too bad, so sad. Get exposure to something different blardeblargh. Oh congrats btw. Gtfo."

I may have paraphrased
:rofl:

The real truth is that everyone saw I was going and made the correct decision based on the awesome opportunity of having me in their class ;) You know you're just jealous :p

Congrats to all of you!!! :D You're going to be vets!!! :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
I don't envy you people with decisions, I applaud you on getting accepted to more than one school though :clap::thumbup:

The real truth is that everyone saw I was going and made the correct decision based on the awesome opportunity of having me in their class ;) You know you're just jealous :p
Only a lot. You should have applied to Mizzou and joined the awesomeness that is that school ;).

Oh also going to share this, because I thought it was awesome when I first found it when applying:

I'm a little late in responding to this, but I too just realized I can post here now! Tone the video down a little and this was totally me at the animal hospital when I got my UW phone call. I did start crying and my favorite vet hugged me when I was taking the call. :)

I just have to get through this hell-on-earth online Physics II class. I loved Physics I in undergrad but this online professor is just absolutely crazy. He has his PhD in mathematics so I just took notes on what was basically complete French to me... :confused: Freaking out a bit!

Oh also going to share this, because I thought it was awesome when I first found it when applying:

"I mastered. I dominated. I'm in."

This is an accurate representation of how I feel about getting to post in this thread. AHHHHHHHH! :soexcited:

To be fair, both of us might have been too much awesome for one school to handle.

I haven't decided if I'm going there, so the awesome bar better get ready to go up if my IS decides to disappoint me ;)

Classes start on monday for me, yay :)

As the class is starting to form it would be interesting to know if any people have any specific interests or goals?
Be cool seeing if it changes over the 4 years of studying!

Myself, I did quite a bit of shadowing at a specialty referral clinic and really enjoyed the diversity and challenges in the cases. I found surgery in particular interesting.

I know working in a large specialty/clinical hospital is something that would be really cool. Maybe move back to my homecountry Sweden, they've got some nice ones :)

Of course I'm sure this is all bound to change a hundred thousand times during the course but thats what my thoughts have been for a while now.

Last edited:
At the current moment, I am all about pigs and chickens. (more so pigs.)so I guess I'm interested in either stuff like industry, or rural practice.

I like too many things :laugh:.

Wildlife/zoo med is really interesting, but I really like large animal (equine) med and research, too! I'll figure it out eventually haha.

So excited to be able to post here, though I'm still undecided about where I will be attending in the fall. My primary interest is food animal medicine, specifically dairy cows :)

I'm so glad I can post here too!!! All the way from the Caribbean :soexcited:
I can't believe it, it is still so surreal.

BTW received the acceptance in the NYC subway and decided to scream and hug strangers... At some point people decided to join and keep at it. So embarrassing :wow:
I left at the next stop which wasn't the one I needed :whistle:

Zoo med for me, although I do have a soft spot for horses. Not enough experience to say it's something I want to do, though. Enough experience to say I'd like to avoid SA med if I have a say.

Academia for me, My goal is to do a residency in small animal internal medicine and teach at a vet school from there :)

I like options and do not make decisions lightly, so I don't really know yet! My experience lies in SA, equine, and research, and actually that's pretty much the order of my interests. However, I'm very curious about career opportunities in the industry; I've heard of some very exciting possibilities when I asked my interviewers. If I go into practice I'd REALLY prefer to specialize but I've heard that changes as you get burnt out in school, so we will see! I figure I won't get burnt out and stop after vet school if I don't leave myself that option in my head. :rolleyes:

Wheeeee! I love this thread. I am also stalking all the threads, because why not. I'm interested in public health/epidemiology (but first I have to learn to spell that word without googling it). In my dream world, I'd do a combined pathology residency/phd but, yeah, I'll be 29 when I start vet school and I've been taking college classes continually since 2005, so path probably isn't going to happen for me. I can still do necropsies though, right?!?

I'm so happy to be posting on this thread! I am interested in zoo med right now but also possibly equine, though I don't have that much experience in equine med to know yet if that's something I'll want to do!

Wheeeee! I love this thread. I am also stalking all the threads, because why not. I'm interested in public health/epidemiology (but first I have to learn to spell that word without googling it). In my dream world, I'd do a combined pathology residency/phd but, yeah, I'll be 29 when I start vet school and I've been taking college classes continually since 2005, so path probably isn't going to happen for me. I can still do necropsies though, right?!?
Im interested in public health too!!! I want to work for the USDA-APHIS Veterinary Services :) Kinda Specific, but had the opportunity to intern with them and fell in love with their work.

Currently, I'm interested in equine with a potential specialty in lameness/sports medicine. Also pretty sure I want to get certified in acupuncture.