****Class of 2019 UIW RSO****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optometrylove

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else out there attending UIW RSO in the fall of 2015?!

Members don't see this ad.

how soon did you hear back from them and if you don't mind can you tell me your academic stats (gpa, oat scores etc)
Thanks.

how soon did you hear back from them and if you don't mind can you tell me your academic stats (gpa, oat scores etc)
Thanks.

I turned in my optomcas application on November 10th and interviewed at RSO on December 12th which was a Friday. I was notified of my acceptance on Monday the 15th. I finished my undergrad with a 3.0 and got a 310AA and a 300TS on the OAT. I did a wide variety of volunteer work and have worked in optical for the past 2 1/2 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my optomcas application on November 10th and interviewed at RSO on December 12th which was a Friday. I was notified of my acceptance on Monday the 15th. I finished my undergrad with a 3.0 and got a 310AA and a 300TS on the OAT. I did a wide variety of volunteer work and have worked in optical for the past 2 1/2 years.

Oh ok great! thats awesome..congrats again. I just submitted my application.
I have a 3.12 bgpa, 3.3 overall undergrad gpa, and made 300 aa 300 ts on my oat...do you think i have a fair chance?

Oh ok great! thats awesome..congrats again. I just submitted my application.
I have a 3.12 bgpa, 3.3 overall undergrad gpa, and made 300 aa 300 ts on my oat...do you think i have a fair chance?
I would say so but its always hard to tell especially not knowing how full the class is.

@optometrylove I'm also attending RSO in August :) I think I got super lucky because i submitted my application in Nov 11th but my interview was Nov 21th :rolleyes: Everyone at my table was freaking out after we counted the everyone that was there and like" hold on, there's like almost 50 people in here and they have 68 seats to fill ?!? and it's only november !! OMG how are we getting in ??" then I found out that 3 out of 5 people that sat at my table at the interview are also attending so I guessed it worked out at the end for us haha. Did you see Jeffrey's invite to the fb class of '19 group ? can't wait to meet everyone start going to school again...maybe
@love2beOD hi again !! haha I literally just responded to your message, we kinda have the same stats so I think you definitely have a fair chance of getting in :cat:;) good luck !!

So, how many seats left to fill? 50 people were interviewed on the same day?

I'm not sure how many seats they have left but there were about 50 people at my interview if I remember correctly, but not everyone that was accepted take the seat and it was kinda early in the cycle so maybe that's why

there was only 20 people at my interview. Im not sure at this time how many seats are left.

Reactions: 1 user
I am attending RSO this fall! :thumbup::laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
That's great !! I'll see you in August. How was the interview process ?

That's great !! I'll see you in August. How was the interview process ?

It went well, I was nervous going in but after a few questions I was fine...she was really nice! Have you joined the facebook group for class of 2019 yet?

See you in August! ;):):joyful:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

I have an interview at UIWRSO in two weeks. How did you prepare for the interview? What questions did they ask?

Thanks!

Will you fly there or drive there? I rive from houston and looking for someone to share the drive of possible

Hi guys!

I have an interview at UIWRSO in two weeks. How did you prepare for the interview? What questions did they ask?

Thanks!

Basic questions like tell me about yourself, why optometry, why our school, goals, how would you describe yourself, weaknesses and strengths etc.
It really is just getting to know you as a person, nothing hard! Don't worry :) good luck and hope to see you in the fall

Anyone know how full the class is or if they're still interviewing?

Basic questions like tell me about yourself, why optometry, why our school, goals, how would you describe yourself, weaknesses and strengths etc.
It really is just getting to know you as a person, nothing hard! Don't worry :) good luck and hope to see you in the fall
Hey I was just wondering, do they send you an email or letter in the mail in regards to inviting you for an interview and sending you an acceptance letter?

Email for interview. Acceptance letter first by email and they send postal mail after. At this point I think their class is full. I interviewed in February and most of my interview group were waitlisted and so I am. They send me acceptance about two weeks later but I decline it.

Email for interview. Acceptance letter first by email and they send postal mail after. At this point I think their class is full. I interviewed in February and most of my interview group were waitlisted and so I am. They send me acceptance about two weeks later but I decline it.
I actually called them a few days ago and they were still reviewing my application and also did say that they were interviewing until June I believe and still had a few spots available. So still hoping I receive some good news from them soon!

I actually called them a few days ago and they were still reviewing my application and also did say that they were interviewing until June I believe and still had a few spots available. So still hoping I receive some good news from them soon!

I recently talked to RSO and they said they were still deciding on an interview date in June. They also said my application is still under review. Glad to hear there are still a few spots available. I am also hoping to make this cycle. I applied pretty late but I'm hoping they will get back to us soon since RSO is my first choice. Let me know if you hear anything! Goodluck!

I interviewed 5/18 and got accepted 5/20, I'm not sure how full the class is now though

Overall GPA: 2.8
Science GPA: 2.7
AA/TS: 330/340

Worked part-time at an optometry office for 1 1/2 months at the time I applied (now its been 5 months), internship, shadowed 10 hrs at the opt. practice I worked at, officer of a club, 100 hrs volunteering at 2 different food banks, active member of my pre-opt club (attended multiple conferences and the TOA convention), circle k international club

Last edited:
Hi! So I will most likely be attending RSO this fall :) I was wondering if anyone's found a place to live yet? I was hoping for some suggestions especially since I'm not from Texas so I won't be able to take a look at any places in person.

Also, I'm wait listed at another school that is my other top choice along with RSO. And so does anyone know if apartment leases are flexible if I have to break it and don't end up moving to Texas?

Hi! So I will most likely be attending RSO this fall :) I was wondering if anyone's found a place to live yet? I was hoping for some suggestions especially since I'm not from Texas so I won't be able to take a look at any places in person.

Also, I'm wait listed at another school that is my other top choice along with RSO. And so does anyone know if apartment leases are flexible if I have to break it and don't end up moving to Texas?

I will be living in whispering creek villas..about 6 minutes from the school. I'm not from Texas either and since I will be living alone safety was super important to me. I have no idea about the flexibility so hopefully you find out soon to make sure you have a place to live!

I will be living in whispering creek villas..about 6 minutes from the school. I'm not from Texas either and since I will be living alone safety was super important to me. I have no idea about the flexibility so hopefully you find out soon to make sure you have a place to live!

Hi! Thanks for responding :) I took a look at their website and I saw that they have short term leasing so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Are utilities included in your monthly rent? Also, if you've already moved in what do you think of the apartment/area? I'm in the same situation, I'll be living alone so safety is a top priority!

Hi! Thanks for responding :) I took a look at their website and I saw that they have short term leasing so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Are utilities included in your monthly rent? Also, if you've already moved in what do you think of the apartment/area? I'm in the same situation, I'll be living alone so safety is a top priority!

I pay separately for cable and energy but otherwise I believe everything else is included. I also will be paying a monthly pet fee for my cat. I don't move in till the first week of August but when I visited I really liked the apartment. The area is really large so more then likely you will be surrounded by their apartment buildings which made me feel like it was its own little community. It's gated all day long which is great, and the general area seems to be fairly "undeveloped" so there isn't a ton of traffic and it's more quite then some of the others I looked at.

I pay separately for cable and energy but otherwise I believe everything else is included. I also will be paying a monthly pet fee for my cat. I don't move in till the first week of August but when I visited I really liked the apartment. The area is really large so more then likely you will be surrounded by their apartment buildings which made me feel like it was its own little community. It's gated all day long which is great, and the general area seems to be fairly "undeveloped" so there isn't a ton of traffic and it's more quite then some of the others I looked at.

Okay, thanks!! I'll give them a call and figure out what all the logistics. Definitely like the idea of it being gated and less traffic around :)