Class Schedule Change During Application Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daenerys Targaryen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying during this cycle. I put my future/intended courses for this and next semester on AMCAS and have since finished secondaries. I have received several interview offers and am a little concerned about the classes I am taking this semester.

In particular, there is one class that is heavily attendance-based. I think that I may find it difficult to make up my requirements during interview season and am considering dropping the class (without a W).

If I choose to drop the class, do I need to notify schools of the changes since this is different information from what I reported on AMCAS? If so, should I notify every school I applied to or only the ones I am interviewing at?

Members don't see this ad.

I would call the admisssion office of the places where you received a secondary and a 100% interview. Plans change dw but you should let them know. Make sure you have your pre-reqs finished by graduation!

Thanks for your responses! This is not a prereq class if that makes a difference. Any other thoughts?

If you can drop it without any trace, as in it just does not show up on your transcript, just drop it and if they ask, say the class filled up or you were bumped out.

Sometimes you should lie.