Classes of 2014!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any insights from those who have started for those of us who are going to orientation this upcoming week and starting classes the next?? :eek:
oh good you start a little before me. so whatever you figure out, pass the knowledge on!

Members don't see this ad.

any insights from those who have started for those of us who are going to orientation this upcoming week and starting classes the next?? :eek:
Spend as much time now doing all the fun and/or optional things in your life as you can, because once it starts, you can pretty much kiss having time for most of them goodbye. I'm one week in now, and I already feel like I'm drowning... The worst part is we all opted to make this commitment willingly :p We're all freaking nuts...

As far as tips go, the biggest is just to stay as far ahead of things as you can. If you get behind, because of the sheer volume of material, you'll never recover (I know this because my hard partying roommate is nursing a massive hangover right now after waking up on somebodies lawn this morning, and he's now completely screwed because he lost a day and a half of studying time after only a week of classes.) Another good thing is to cover all the material three times: preview it before class, view it in class, and review it after class. It sticks pretty well that way, and then when you review for a quiz/test, the material is locked inside, all you're doing is refreshing it to the front. Exercise daily--it'll make you feel and sleep better, and good sleep is a must. Since you won't be getting very much of it, it's important that what you get is the best quality possible. That's about it really--stay ahead of the game; preview, view, and review; and take care of yourself. Does it suck? Yes, but remember what you're working towards, and then it sucks a little less :p

Last edited:

Med school starts on day 1.

My classmates and I have made it through the first week and we have a lovely quiz to look forward to on Monday. Nothing says fun like spending the weekend studying for your first quiz (at least for me). Oh, and we haven't even started anatomy yet. Next week is really going to get fun:rolleyes:

EDIT: Slane beat me to it.

Good luck on Monday:thumbup:. I hope that I over prepare for this thing instead of under prepare for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks slane and csmitty...i appreciate the advice!!!!!

:luck: to both of you on your first quiz!!!

oh good you start a little before me. so whatever you figure out, pass the knowledge on!

i will....and i will tell you also what non useful things i have eliminated as i go along....

the take everything and the kitchen sink crowd...unite!!!!!!:laugh: