Cleveland clinic CCM fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rikab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the new Critical Care fellowships.I find it amusing that some programs which have well established Pulmonary and critical care fellowships have stand alone critical care fellowships as well.Baylor,Cleveland clinic to mention a few.Just wondered why this may be when they have more than 20 combined fellows in their respective programs.Especially Cleveland clinic which seems to be increasing numbers recently.

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking through the new Critical Care fellowships.I find it amusing that some programs which have well established Pulmonary and critical care fellowships have stand alone critical care fellowships as well.Baylor,Cleveland clinic to mention a few.Just wondered why this may be when they have more than 20 combined fellows in their respective programs.Especially Cleveland clinic which seems to be increasing numbers recently.

Because their ICUs are growing faster than their pulm-cc program. I know that 3 years ago, CCF had increased to 3 ICU teams just for the MICU. And I've been surprised how much demand for straight intensivists there has been while I'm looking for jobs. I don't remember it being like this 3 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I find it amusing that some programs which have well established Pulmonary and critical care fellowships have stand alone critical care fellowships as well.

Why is that amusing? Not everyone who is interested in working in an ICU also wants to do pulmonary. And for EM guys like myself, we aren't even allowed to do pulmonary. I just wish that there were more stand alone programs out there.

Hey!
Cleveland Clinic is also an Ohio nonprofit corporation !