Clinic pt who wants coworker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMROralBoards

Reaction score
Would you continue seeing a patient in clinic who requests your colleague in clinic do their procedures? It is frustrating to spend time with a patient, work them up for a procedure. Productivity based in PP and new attending.

Members don't see this ad.

Can’t ride two ponies, one person does everything. So they should transfer their clinic care as well. We allow transfers. You do not want to do an injection on someone who doesn’t want you to do their injection.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you continue seeing a patient in clinic who requests your colleague in clinic do their procedures? It is frustrating to spend time with a patient, work them up for a procedure. Productivity based in PP and new attending.
Depends…..if it’s a scheduling issue, I don’t have a problem with it. But I have thick skin and don’t take these things personally. It also depends on what you are prescribing if anything.

No way. I don't mind at all if they switch completely to my colleague, but no way I manage things in clinic while sending procedures elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
I work with a non interventional doc. He does OMT, prescribes meds, does his fake version of acupuncture, emgs, and works 6 days/week. He makes more than many of the surgical partners…I’m digressing much but I send him all med management patients that ask for it. He makes much more than me as the interventionist but I freakin hate med management and have found a nice set up where I don’t have to do it unless I want to.

That’s the only example where I would be ok with patients seeing someone else in the same, let’s call it “primary” speciality.

It happens when you are young, it can be really frustrating. Especially, after all the time spent to explain. I used to transfer those to my partner, because that was the "nice thing to do". I don't know if that was the correct thing to do, but I agree with the comment above, I do not like sticking needles in folks that don't want me to.
Now those same folks request to be seen/injected by me and I feel old, saggy, and grey.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
We have a 1 time full transfer policy

Reactions: 1 users
If you're being paid on what you collect, I would not set up procedures for someone else. If it's a generic group and you all work together and share patients, no problem (as long as there are no meds involved).