Clinical and Research Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Setor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who have research experience that is related to pharmacy, what companies did you work for and how difficult was it to get that postion? More specifically if any of you worked in the Houston area, do you know any helpful resources that would help me land a job and gain more experience? I have only worked at Walgreens and want to expand upon my experience.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Setor said:
For all of you who have research experience that is related to pharmacy, what companies did you work for and how difficult was it to get that postion? More specifically if any of you worked in the Houston area, do you know any helpful resources that would help me land a job and gain more experience? I have only worked at Walgreens and want to expand upon my experience.
Thanks

Bunch of us in our class participated in a Pfizer's double blind placebo controlled study for a novel antihypertensive compound XL328..in 1994. It was effective in lowering BP..and not only did we research it..we also participated as subjects.. Some of us male students experienced prolonged and painful erections. A few years later..Sildenafil was introduced on the market. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

ZpackSux said:
Bunch of us in our class participated in a Pfizer's double blind placebo controlled study for a novel antihypertensive compound XL328..in 1994. It was effective in lowering BP..and not only did we research it..we also participated as subjects.. Some of us male students experienced prolonged and painful erections. A few years later..Sildenafil was introduced on the market. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
Did they palpitate your prostate? :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Setor,

How did you apply for Walgreens? Did you do it online? I walked into a local store but they said they don't accept volunteers and that I have to contact corporate.

Neurotic_grl said:
Setor,

How did you apply for Walgreens? Did you do it online? I walked into a local store but they said they don't accept volunteers and that I have to contact corporate.

I worked there as a cashier first and then transfered to the pharmacy, but when i recently re-applied, I did it via the online app. on walgreens.com. But you should also try calling the corporate office in your area and find out who the pharmacy hiring manager is and see if you can speak to that person. good luck.