Closing Interviewer Comments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclabruin725

Average Fella
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had a couple (2) interviews that ended with my interviewer telling me that he was sure I would get into medical school... One kinda went "It was a pleasure meeting you, and it seems like you really want to become a doctor. I'm sure you'll get into a medical school. These days, the odds are pretty good..."
The other interviewer added a little clause to the end: "I'm sure you'll get into medical school. I can't say where, because i can't speak for the 20 other people that will vote on you..."
Good signs? Bad signs (trying to let me down easy)? Or just random babble at the end of the interview?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by SpiffyJWC
I recently had a couple (2) interviews that ended with my interviewer telling me that he was sure I would get into medical school... One kinda went "It was a pleasure meeting you, and it seems like you really want to become a doctor. I'm sure you'll get into a medical school. These days, the odds are pretty good..."
The other interviewer added a little clause to the end: "I'm sure you'll get into medical school. I can't say where, because i can't speak for the 20 other people that will vote on you..."
Good signs? Bad signs (trying to let me down easy)? Or just random babble at the end of the interview?
Thanks!

Random, well for me anyway. I had the same things said to me in one of my interviews and I got wait-listed. I don't want to get your hopes up tho and I hope it comes true for ya. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
who knows. some people just say random things. don't worry about it and wait for the letter in the mail.

well its true...

they cant vote for the other members in the committee. so whether or not they liked you, they have be to convincing to make the other members of the committee to let you in esp. if one part of your app is weak...ie gpa, mcat etc...