CME credits -- what to do with them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racheleye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question, but what do I do with the CME credits that I earn from AAO courses, Wills' Course, e.t.c.?

Is there some governing body that I should/need to report these credits to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this is a dumb question, but what do I do with the CME credits that I earn from AAO courses, Wills' Course, e.t.c.?

If you're ABO certified, you need to log them under your account on the ABO website. If you're not yet certified, you can fold them up and make paper airplanes, boats, or even hats. :D

You need to keep a file of these documents, paper or electronic. They are necessary to have if you are ever audited by a licensing agency for having fulfilled their requirements for CME.

Once you start the ABO re-certification ("MOC") cycle after your first become board-certified, you will have access to their website where you can record your credits for your next re-certification (now 300 credits in 10 years).