CME Organization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

What do you all use to keep track of your CME? It would take forever to upload the certificates to the ACEP CME tracker.

I have been using EM RAP and EB Medicine and think they are great so far. I just know I'll have a giant mess of paperwork soon if I don't get organized.

Also does it matter that you have so many hours of CME related to different subjects? Trauma, cards...etc

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I save them all as PDFs to a google drive folder, sorted by year.

Hey!

What do you all use to keep track of your CME? It would take forever to upload the certificates to the ACEP CME tracker.

I have been using EM RAP and EB Medicine and think they are great so far. I just know I'll have a giant mess of paperwork soon if I don't get organized.

Also does it matter that you have so many hours of CME related to different subjects? Trauma, cards...etc

Thanks!
Type of CME matters in specific instances. Some states require ethics or prescribing CMEs for maintaining your license and the merit badge societies often dictate x number of hours of subject specific CME for the institution to remain accredited. For example, state of TX requires 9 hrs of trauma CME since I work in a Level 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, yes, it does matter that you track the different topics, and let me explain why: Some states require specific CME to be done for specific topics. For example, DC requires 3 credits on HIV/AIDS. Additionally, many hospitals will require CME to be done on certain topics, especially trauma and stroke related CME.

Here's a link to specific requirements by state:
https://www.fsmb.org/Media/Default/PDF/FSMB/Advocacy/GRPOL_CME_Overview_by_State.pdf

I use CMElog.org to track CME because all you have to do is forward your CME credits via email (as attachments), and the system will backup and organize them for you. (Disclosure: I helped create CMElog.org as a free tool for doctors). I don't know of any other service that lets you email your certificates.

Hi, yes, it does matter that you track the different topics, and let me explain why: Some states require specific CME to be done for specific topics. For example, DC requires 3 credits on HIV/AIDS. Additionally, many hospitals will require CME to be done on certain topics, especially trauma and stroke related CME.

Here's a link to specific requirements by state:
https://www.fsmb.org/Media/Default/PDF/FSMB/Advocacy/GRPOL_CME_Overview_by_State.pdf

I use CMElog.org to track CME because all you have to do is forward your CME credits via email (as attachments), and the system will backup and organize them for you. (Disclosure: I helped create CMElog.org as a free tool for doctors). I don't know of any other service that lets you email your certificates.

Are you a robot?

He's not a robot. I saw an ad for cmelog.org in (I think it was) this month's issue of ACEP Now. I signed up, but haven't submitted any CME certificates yet.

Florida has some oddball requirements regarding CME categories as well. Fortunately, their website is really easy to use when it comes down to uploading certificates. But hey; I'll give this CMElog.org thing a try.