Co-Sign Admission Order

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chillbo Baggins

HEYYEYAAEYAYAYA
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we all agree needing attendings to co-sign admission orders is the actual worst??

Nothing like churning through a d/c and hitting the sign orders button, only for it to pop up like Dennis Nedry.

giphy (2).gif

And then you have to text or call them and feel like a jerk. And then hope they actually do it promptly!

For a while I somehow was able to cosign the admit orders myself and life was glorious, but I guess they caught on and removed the loophole.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can we all agree needing attendings to co-sign admission orders is the actual worst??

Nothing like churning through a d/c and hitting the sign orders button, only for it to pop up like Dennis Nedry.

View attachment 249981

And then you have to text or call them and feel like a jerk. And then hope they actually do it promptly!

For a while I somehow was able to cosign the admit orders myself and life was glorious, but I guess they caught on and removed the loophole.
Yeah, it's a medicare requirement. Been driving everyone nuts since they started cracking down on it in 2014 or so.

Yeah, thank God I'm not an intern anymore. That crap was annoying.

View attachment 249981

The Dennis nedry thing cracked me up. I hear him going “uh uh uh” in my head right now.

View attachment 249981

Start the DC process on the day after admit and it will show you which pts do not have signed order.
Gives you more time to hunt down the attending.

Reactions: 1 user
This annoyed me so much I’d end up telling the attending every day to remember to sign the admit orders for all our new patients.

Reactions: 1 user